I removed the back of my little 15W amp. It didn't change the tone, but then again it's not a cab. But it is a handy storage space for my pedal, and cables.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by E V H 5150
I removed the back of my little 15W amp. It didn't change the tone, but then again it's not a cab. But it is a handy storage space for my pedal, and cables.

Bwhaha, I did the same. You can store your pedals, theres magnetic frequencies so they wont fall out. Anywho

Ive never really heard of this or seen anyone do this. Ill have to look into the benefits of removing the back....
a closed back cab is for more low end.
so u can try and see what u like.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The sound will spread out more and sound less focused as well as maybe lose some bass response. It'll probably sound louder though.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
if i took a board or something and put it over the back of my open cab amp will it have more bass, or more focused, or whatever?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
u dont want to close up a tube amp, could be open for ventilation
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
what if i closed it up but left a little space

edit: im just wondering what it will do
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I'm not sure, but its my guess that Peavey designed the classic 30's with the tubes so exposed to deal with heat problems so your amp probably needs all the help it can get when it comes to cooling. (which means not covering up its source of cool air)
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
yes, they have cabs with 1/3 closed, 1/4 closed, 12 closed, etc. all for different sound.