hey, what wattage speaker would best suit a 15W Blues jr?

im getting a weber Blue dog, and i want the lowest wattage possible, but enough to cover the amp.

thanks
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
anything above 15 watts

NEVER put any thing less than the amp wattage as it will blow the speaker
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
yep thanks. i should have been more specific. i was tempted to order a weber blue dog 15W ceramic speaker.

and i wanted to make sure i wasnt going to be pushing this speaker too much.

thanks for the reply.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
yep thanks. i should have been more specific. i was tempted to order a weber blue dog 15W ceramic speaker.

and i wanted to make sure i wasnt going to be pushing this speaker too much.

thanks for the reply.

It all depends how hard you're going to crank it, but I'd go at least 25-30w. Tube amps are wattage rated at the point where they first start breaking up, so it might actually be pushing 20-25w when it's fully cranked
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
yeah, i was thinking that, but the next lowest available is 30 Watt.

it shouldnt be a problem because i can line out to a cab when i go louder. but ill definately think it over. thanks for the reply.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

are you just posting this everywhere? jeez.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
yeah haha sorry i wanted to order it. :p
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
yeah, i was thinking that, but the next lowest available is 30 Watt.

it shouldnt be a problem because i can line out to a cab when i go louder. but ill definately think it over. thanks for the reply.

haha, this thread is "old"

but its alright (usually preferred) to use a 15w speaker with a 15w amp. I'd reccomend an Alnico Blue (either celestion or weber). Even if your amp goes past 15w sometimes, that's perfectly fine. A perfect example is AC30's... they almost always run at 32-33w but are best with two 15w blues. The speaker rating isn't a cliff where once you go over you fall down. It's more like a very steep hill with with spikes at the bottom.

If I had that amp, I'd get one of these speakers in a second.
LAF, the 15W should be getting here any day.
thanks for rushing over to help me out here.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

also, don't judge the speaker as soon as you get it. They can take about 10-12 hours of loud/hard/percussive playing to break it in about 90%. In the beginning they might sound more on the harsh, trebly side
Check the wattage of your current speaker and get a speaker at that wattage.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
More important than the wattage or anything else is it's efficiency rating. The higher the rating, the less wattage it takes to make it loud. You could therefore have a 50w speaker that's going A LOT louder than a 25w speaker.
Good information to know, even though you've already ordered your speaker
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by forsaknazrael
Hey, random, you know where Weber lists their speaker effiency? I can't find it.

I had a bit of a look, couldn't see any figures floating around. You might have to email him.
EDIT: Eminence has it listed as 'Sensitivity', rather than efficiency. Most of their speakers run around the 100dB/W/m mark.
Last edited by the_random_hero at Mar 8, 2007,
i was going to suggest emailing ted weber to see what he'd recommend, but it looks like you already ordered it.
yep i orderd it. ^ thanks for all the replies, even the late ones.

he actually said the 15W was fine, and i went for it. i've got fingers crossed. i think it'll work out. i am going to wait before rushing to judgement, 10-12 hours.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62