im kinda bored so i might as well start a big argument....WHO DO YOU THINK IS BETTER KIRK HAMMETT OR DAVE MUSTAINE?
personnaly, mustaine
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
kirk hammett
Cream Schecter Ultra III
Black Epi Les Paul Studio
Hohner Red SG (yeah weird)
Breedlove Dreadnought acoustic
An old fender (unknown model)
A frankenstein strat (unknown model)
15w Vox Pathfinder
120w Crate Flexwave
yo mamma I love those simple childish jokes, very satisfying to me.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
i think mustaine over hammet
but if your talking bands, metallica over megadeth any day
"As though you never left my side, I hold your stiffened body, so close to me."
Dave iS Deffently faster and has some sweet stuff going on but hammett has alot of feel good solo's use of the wah pedal really good

lol its a tuff choice i do wonder what metallica might be like if mustaine was in it.
Member #2 of the dean owners club, PM g1asseye to join.

92% of teens have moved on to rap repost this if you are one of the 8% that listen to real music

Rock IN Peace Darrell Lance Abbott \m/
the future president of the united states, mr. Dave Mustaine.
They say good things come in small packages. You know what else comes in small packages? Unrelenting pain and horror.
Hammett. More speed, more originality, more skill, more mixture of music styles in his solos, etc etc. I could go on. Hammett is a much better player than Mustaine all around. Dont get me wrong, Dave Mustaine is a god, Megadeth is also my second fav band, after Metallica, but most of Mustaine's solos are all based on the same thing.... speed.

EDIT: Haha. The other guitarist in my band and I could probably end up in a fist-fight over this argument. His favorite band is Megadeth, and mine is Metallica. He like's Mustaine's material a hell of a lot better than Hammett's actually, i dont even think he likes Metallica's things after Dave left the band. Our drummer would agree with me though.
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Last edited by AngelOfSorrow at Feb 22, 2007,
Hammett wanks with a wah pedal, Mustaine doesn't. I vote for Mustaine. He can write good songs as well as decent solos. Hammett can write good solos, but thats about it. Don't get me wrong, I like Kirk a lot, hes still one of my idols but I'm gonna have to go with Dave.
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
umm kirk hammster all the way. he is faster. though mustain did play hit the lights origanally and theres a damn good solo in that song there fore im torn between the two lets just settle it by saying there both gods. but kirk hammet makes better guitar riffs overall than mustaine
Well...as guitarists, they are pretty standard fare.

However...

St. Anger blew huge amounts of ass.

The System Has Failed kicked huge amounts of ass.

Mustaine wins.
Quote by sk8ero131
I'm going with the guy who wasn't kicked out of Metallica......

I love your sig
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

Quote by CaptainOfSmug
I love your sig

Why thank you but to be honest I got it from somone else but long live Kevin Smith
PORCH
MONKEY
LIFE
mustaine's obviously the better shredder...but hammet is the better songwriter. i mean, seriously. lets compare symphony of destruction to enter sandman, or master of puppets. come on. but yea.
mustaine is faster.
Quote by sk8ero131
Why thank you but to be honest I got it from somone else but long live Kevin Smith

+1
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

I can't stand Mustaines singing, but other than that he's a good guitarist. I choose Kirk though.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112 with JJ's and V30
Roland Micro Cube
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
lol @ you posting two hours after the last post was made ...I'm done now
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero