I bought a mustang bass, cut out p-bass pick-up holes, and put semour duncan QP P-bass pick-ups? Do you think that would work, if so how should i do it?
Structurally it would work. Go for it!
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
It's possible, you'd have to be careful though. Why not just get a regular P? I'm guessing it has to do with the short scale neck, but I'm just thinking out loud.
if u want to keep your bass in gd condition then get sum other guy to sort out tha pickups
It's been done before. Tina Weymouth (sic?) of the Talking Heads had a setup like that. Shouldn't be a problem. However, if you are jumping ship, you should be forced to play with whatever pickups are on the bass! An Epiphone EB-0 if you're really naughty!!!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by tomwm1
if u want to keep your bass in gd condition then get sum other guy to sort out tha pickups

I was planing on doing that... man this will be good.

Quote by watchingmefall
Yeah, it will work, dunno how it will sound.Good luck, man.

Yeah it will prob sound good.. Mark hoppus USED to have an alder body with QP Basslines and his tone rocks.
Last edited by gibsonbrothers at May 17, 2007,