I'm considering getting the Epi Valve Jr amp and building my own 1x12 cab for it. I was wondering what the best speaker would be. I was looking at the Celestion Greenback, its rated at 25watts so it might be a better fit to the Valve jr than a higher watt speaker. Any suggestions of speakers I can easily find online at places like musicians friend would be appreciated. Also any info or guides on wiring up the cab would be very helpful too.
ask jenny...i think she used jensen speakers
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
no, she usually uses eminence, at my suggestion.

so i'm obviously gonna say eminence. the patriot series is all very good, starting at like $65 on musician's friend.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
^actually, funny iu bring it up. im just ordering a couple of speakers from weber tonight.

i used a higher wattage eminience patriot for my Vjr. dont be fooled by some of those high rated speakers. mine still ODs at 1-2 o'clock.

alot of guys go with the greenback. that's cool, i was just saving a little money on my cab. worked out great for me.

to wire, u get thick speaker wire from radio shack. clip to speaker, solder to jack
clip other wire to speaker, run that to the jack other lug.

i keep neg on the speaker to the ground, center most lug on the jack.

but with one speaker, no way to accidentally switch wires.

hey tuba, can i get a 15watt weber for my 15W blues jr?

i started a thread, but im not getting a bunch of answers. i dont want to push the speaker too much. but want one. what do u think?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeah, you had said you were getting bored of eminence. can't exactly blame you. they're great speakers, but you're gonna get bored eventually.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
hey, can u check out my edit?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

everyone assumes you already know everything. that's a complement.

yeah, it'll work, and you'll get that nice breakup. as long as the output isn't significantly more than it's rated for, you're fine.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
thanks michael. i know guys use alnico blue 15Ws, i just second guessed myself.

thread starter my apology.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by tubab0y
everyone assumes you already know everything.

she does...
>.>
<.<
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
^haha. yes, im so full of it.

knowledge i mean.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62