Page 1 of 2
first, what do you listen to?
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
elias, the general, two coins, flying horses, bats in the belfrey, here we go - dispatch
The march, aint nothing wrong with that - robert randolph and the family band
possum kingdom and anything on that cd - The toadies

for starters
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
lmfao you ready for this suggestion. YOU SHOULD TRY METALLICA lol im kiddin dont even read this
pink floyd man, cant lose, try a momentary lapse of reason, or of course dark side of the moon
Quote by feenux258
elias, the general, two coins, flying horses, bats in the belfrey, here we go - dispatch
The march, aint nothing wrong with that - robert randolph and the family band
possum kingdom and anything on that cd - The toadies

for starters

thanks!

Quote by Parentadvisory
lmfao you ready for this suggestion. YOU SHOULD TRY METALLICA lol im kiddin dont even read this

Feb '07er
Quote by d3guns
pink floyd man, cant lose, try a momentary lapse of reason, or of course dark side of the moon

hell yes pink floyd is the best band in the world

but i thought he wanted more less known stuff

obcured by clouds and the division bell are also very very good

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
Give Jane's Addiction a try. It's my favorite band, and from the bands you listed, I think you'd like them. Go pick up 'Nothing's Shocking', or their new greatest hits thing.
Quote by feenux258
hell yes pink floyd is the best band in the world

but i thought he wanted more less known stuff

obcured by clouds and the division bell are also very very good

and meddle is pretty kick ass, i agree best band in the world
Castlebound by Monty Are I..awesome band from Rhode Island dude..the solo is amazing..Steve is a beast.
Gear: Schecter Damien FR
15W Crate amp
Danelectro FAB Distortion pedal
Quote by rizo299
This thread is a bit curve-full, as in it has lots of curves, but no point.
Quote by d3guns
and meddle is pretty kick ass, i agree best band in the world

yea i havent listened to that in a while ive been stuck on the division bell for a while now

Quote by thebrewfan
Scott Matthews - Elusive, Eyes Wider Than Before
Beckett - Oxygen and Me
Sidewinder - Local Hero
Spacehog - Cruel To Be Kind
Ocean Colour Scene - July
Leni Ward - Call Me When You Work It Out
Emiliana Torrini - Sunny Road
The live version of Brian Eno's 'Baby's on Fire' by Kevin Ayers, John Cale, Brian Eno & Nico.
Nick Cave & The Badseeds' version of 'Stagger Lee'
Shellac - The Watch Song
Deadboy & The Elephantmen - Stop, I'm already dead
+/- - I've been lost
Braid - What a wonderful puddle
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Oh yeah, I forgot to add

The Best Ever Death Metal Band Out Of Denton by The Mountain Goats
Noice. And in regards to Emiliana Torrini, check out 'Unemployed in summertime' ontop of Tez's recommendation.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by ProphetikPsycho
Castlebound by Monty Are I..awesome band from Rhode Island dude..the solo is amazing..Steve is a beast.

You're right...I saw them about a week ago and they were amazing-awesome live show and great songs-Steve was killing it on those guitar solos!
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Guitar Wolf - Summertime blues and Fujiyama attack

The Vicious Five - On a bus to nowhere
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Quote by sponj
Guitar Wolf - Summertime blues and Fujiyama attack

How's the production on those cds? I'm asking because I got Missile Me the other day, and the parts that I can make out are really good, but for most of the time, it's hard to make out different pitches because of all the muddy production. I love lo-fi, but I like to be able to hear tones in my music. Call me crazy.
Tristeza - Golden Hill

Sweep the Leg Johnny - Insomnia Pays

Papa M - I am Not Lonely With Cricket

Slint - Good Morning Captain

The Bad Plus - Silence is the Question

I'm a pretty big fan of the almost and completely instrumental bands. So if you demand vocals, these probably aren't for you.
^^ in the field of instrumental, Is This The Hurt You're Drowning In - Grace Cathedral Park
Quote by opivy21
How's the production on those cds? I'm asking because I got Missile Me the other day, and the parts that I can make out are really good, but for most of the time, it's hard to make out different pitches because of all the muddy production. I love lo-fi, but I like to be able to hear tones in my music. Call me crazy.

The production is shitty. Yeah I get you, I like to hear the tones as well, I'd wish they'd have better quality recordings but I guess that would take away their rawness.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Thanks for the answer. I expect for the production to be shitty, but the question is how shitty? But I'll check those out anyway. You can never have too much rock n roll.
Quote by andrewbiles

Deadboy & The Elephantmen - Stop, I'm already dead

i saw them play that one at bonnaroo last year. it was the only song of theirs that i could stand, but it was still pretty good. bonnaroo has a video of it up on the front page of their site. and hey look! i'm in the video

www.bonnaroo.com
^
I saw deadboy & The Elephantmen at ACL. They were on one of the two big stages and not many people were there so I got up pretty close. Good band for the most part.
Emily Chambers - Supergrass (B-side to Going Out)
You Can Talk To Me - The Seahorses (limited release 1st single from unreleased 2nd album)
Quote by Doolittle
Televison

Damn you! I was going to say that.

Velvet Underground? If it hasn't been mentioned already. Not that they're indie or anything, but they're one of the most influental bands ever. And if you like them you might aswell check out The Doors. But I suppose you've already done that.
Page 1 of 2