Poll: What's the better amp?
Poll Options
View poll results: What's the better amp?
Roland
21 48%
Vox
22 50%
Other (please comment your suggestion...)
1 2%
Voters: 44.
I've seen a lot of people mention how good Roland Cubes are and was actually planning on ordering a Roland Cube 30x very soon. However, I also see quite a lot of people praise Vox as well. And looking at both, they're not all too far apart in price as well as features.

So which one of the two would be the better purchase?

I've only really been practicing for about a month now, and really enjoying learning. I'd like to play a variety of things, more noteably songs similar to Queensryche, Anarchy Club, Metallica, Drist, etc.

Also, how loud is a 30 watt amp compared to a 60 watt amp? For example, is the difference really that significant between the 30x and 60 Roland Cubes as far as volume is concerned? It's not like I'm playing gigs or anything, but some friends have mentioned playing together now and then (another guitarist, bassist, and drummer) as I start to get better. Will I get totally drowned out with a 30watt?

Also if you could please include examples or reasons why one could possibly be better than the other as opposed to just "OMG ROLAND PWNS LIEK ALL!!!" Thanks!
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
The Rolan can do metal alot easier, but the vox tone is still good. But, the 60 watt Roland would work better I think.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Oddly enough (granted, not a heck of a lot of voters yet), it's split down the middle so far.

Keep in mind the two guitars I have also (in sig) and what a difference those may make on the amps.
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Tehz Cube.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Yeah, if your into metal go with the Roland, nothing wrong with the Vox though. I would go for the 60 if you don't mind paying a bit more. It's nice to have some extra power. When I still played on my 30watt I could crank that thing really loud
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
The Roland does metal better but I think the Vox has a much better clean tone. With a distortion pedal I think the Vox will sound better. That's just me though, I have the AD30VT.
But if you're getting a Cube, make sure you DO NOT buy a distortion pedal! Get a footswitch to change channels because the distortion in the Cube is already good enough. And from experience, i know that distortion pedals and Cubes don't really mix. Cheers.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
LOL, still split down the middle.

I am starting to take a closer look at the Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w 1x10 though. Partially because no one seems to have a Roland Cube 30x that I can try out without having to purchase it first.

From the comments, people seem to lean toward the Roland due to the music I'd like to play, but will the Vox really hold me back if I went with that instead?
I say the Vox. A shitload of people on this forum are metal heads though so Roland cube will prob win.
VOX ad30vt. Voxes can easily reach metal territory with a boost IMO
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
The speakers in any of the valvetronix series below the 60 watt are pretty crappy.

You can always replace them though
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
go down to a guitar store, preferably guitar center, and try them both out. most stores will let you. i personally like the cube better because i trying them both out at a store the other day and the vox was hard to get a decent sound out of. i don't like amps that have too many amp models like the vox. the cube has great tone, and its easy to get a good sound out of w/out going out and buying tons of pedals.
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
I voted for the Cube, but the Vox is good too. My friend has a Vox and it sounds awesome too. I'm a bit biased though because I have a Cube.
A guitar is your personality expressed through 6 strings.