Since im getting my guitar soon i just need a few things explained to me.
1.how do i palm mute..i understand its with my palm but i dont know how im supposed to do it when a song has notes like palm muting after a single pluck of a string..like for example sum 41's over my head..they do play one cord ...pm..one cord..pm.

2.what is X for rake mute?

3.how do i do pull offs?Example please

4.how is a hammer on done?example for that one too.

Well Thanks.
wait have u ever played guitar before? cause if not then u should start with the basics like chords and scales
1. just lift up your palm when it's not supposed to be muted then put it back down when it is , practice and you'll be able to do it like nothing.

2.x's can be pick rakes, palm muted notes, notes muted with your fretting hand, different stuff like that,

3.pull-off: press two frets with two fingers upon the same string, pick the string, pull of the finger on the higher fret , you've done a pull-off

4. the reverse of the previous except pick the string then push down on a higher fret, you've done a hammer-on

millions have probably responded by now so this will just repeat them , oh well
shnaps i own sorta:-steinberger spirit
-ol' samick strat replica
-harmony acoustic of some sort
-ibanez pro bass

amps:-2 micro cubes
-peavey rage 158
-gorilla somethin
-ol' danelectro
-crate bass amp
1. you lift you right hand just off the fret board but still on the strings then strum
3.when the note is still loud you just lift you finger off the fret quickly it sound make the sound of the fret your holding after you pull off
4. you use another finger and press down hard on the string to the fret board and that will make the sound without having to pluck the string, this requires some finger strength that you may not have. SO JUST PRACTICE
Politcal Correctness is very very wrong
hammer-ons and pull-offs are pretty basic along with chords , scales wait a bit later for same with palm muting but it doesn't matter , so long as you learn it all
shnaps i own sorta:-steinberger spirit
-ol' samick strat replica
-harmony acoustic of some sort
-ibanez pro bass

amps:-2 micro cubes
-peavey rage 158
-gorilla somethin
-ol' danelectro
-crate bass amp
1. Rest your palm on the bridge, I'm sure you know how to palm mute. Anyways, when you need to unpalmute to hita free note, just lift your hand of the bridge really fast & bring it back down for the next note/chord.

2. I dunno wat a rake is lol

3. A pull-off is when you have 2 fingers on the same string...So it would be, for example: third finger on the 8th fret on the b string. and the middle(2nd) finger on the 7th on the b string. And you move your thrid finger so that it comes off the string. But you want it to come off and make the string vibrate at the same time...It sounds complicated, but you'll do it like nothing after a lil while of practice.

4. Hammer on is when you(for example) have the middle finger on the 7th fret, b string. and third finger ready to "stomp" down on the 8th fret b string. and you pluck the string, with the plectrum,(pick) (right hand). and then you "slam" "stomp" your third finger down on the 8th fret and it is a hammer on....practice and yu'll get it in no time, same as anything....

hope this helps...
is rake mute when you press on a fret but not exactly fretting it but holding the string?
Since im getting my guitar soon i just need a few things explained to me.
1.how do i palm mute..i understand its with my palm but i dont know how im supposed to do it when a song has notes like palm muting after a single pluck of a string..like for example sum 41's over my head..they do play one cord ...pm..one cord..pm.

2.what is X for rake mute?

3.how do i do pull offs?Example please

4.how is a hammer on done?example for that one too.

You're getting ahead of yourself, learn the basics before you move on to intermediate techniques, otherwise you'll just end up learning really slowly.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
To be honest even that's too advanced for a beginner, and having looked through it it's pretty god-awful advice - to start learning rock/metal stuff you first need to learn to simply play the guitar a bit.

It's like if a person who's never seen a car asks about driving, and saying "well, you'll need to learn how to reverse park, here's how", forgetting the bit about teaching them to actually start the car, what the pedals do etc.

TS - you need to start at the absolute beginning, trust me on this. If you don't and you try to jump too far ahead all that will happen is you'll learn really slowly because you're trying to do stuff without learning what comes before. I'd recommend getting a book like "Guitar for Dummies" - they start right at the beginning with stuff like how to hold the guitar, where to put your hands etc and then lead you from basic stuff to the more complex in a structured way, building on what you learn.

You can't do it all at once and it takes a while, it'll be a good few weeks before you can even finger a chord cleanly, let alone change between them. It can be frustrating, but it'll be a lot worse if you're trying to do things you simply won't have a cat in hells chance of pulling off. There's no point worrying about palm muting when you can't play the things you're supposed to be palm muting.

Here's a few of the lessons from the UG beginners section to get you started

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/for_beginners/parts_of_an_electric_guitar.html
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/for_beginners/getting_to_know_your_guitar_part_1.html
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/for_beginners/getting_to_know_your_guitar_part_2.html
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/for_beginners/tuning_your_guitar.html
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/for_beginners/learning_music_theory_the_beginning.html
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com