is there a huge difference between 15 and 30 watts

i wanna buy the vox Valvetronix AD15VT and there is a 50 dollar difference between the 15 and 30 watt

i play bymyself at home so i dont play it really loud anyway and i dont think ill be going into a band anytime soon since im still pretty new to guitar been playing a year and a a few months

i guess if im spending almost 200 bucks 50 isnt a huge deal but if i can save 50 bucks it would be cool
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
the 15 will be fine for your setup then
shnaps i own sorta:-steinberger spirit
-ol' samick strat replica
-harmony acoustic of some sort
-ibanez pro bass

amps:-2 micro cubes
-peavey rage 158
-gorilla somethin
-ol' danelectro
-crate bass amp
Well, in the long run, the 30 watt would suit you better.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
The thing is that you will probably want more power later on. You can always run the 30 turn the 30 down and you can only crank the 15 so far. Either way, both are going to fit the bill nicely. I have the 30 myself and use it for practice.
ok thanx yea i was playing it at guitar center and liked it alot and couldnt decide on a new guitar or amp but i figured a new amp will suit me better art the moment

also can i sell back and amp i bought before

its one in a starter pack fender frontman 15g
Member #5 of the Red Sox fan club. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by thebrewfan
Once I saw someone try to seriously give someone "the vulcan death grip". That was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen until I saw this thread.
I'd get the 15W, the 30W will probably struggle in a band situation too meaning it'll have to be replaced later anyway if you go that direction.
If you're learning and just playing by yourself might as well just save the money.

Besides, by the time you might consider playing with other people you might want a better amp (or just plain ol' buying up)
oR you could save a bit more for something all valve and alot better.... and louder.... eg laney vc 15r
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
If you want to save money, I suggest the DA5. Otherwise, I strongly recommend you go with the AD30.

To me, 15W solid state is a complete waste. If you don't need the volume to jam, you're better off getting the DA5 and enjoying it's battery powered portability. On the other hand, the 30W version has a power attenuator on the back that will allow it to sound better at low volumes than the 15, but have the power available to jam if you need it.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.