Page 1 of 2
It seems like everytime I watch a movie I can't help but wondering "Man, I wonder if they ever take a dump."

I was watching Training Day earlier and kept wondering when the characters take a shit because the movie takes place from dawn to midnight and apparently the characters never need to take a shit.
lmaoo

A character in a movie would have to take dumps but it wouldnbt make the movie interesting
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Quote by Smoothrider_41
Not true.

in jackass, they take many dumps.

I guess my question is more directed towards dramas and other movies where toilet humor isn't used.
i saw a commercial of the wedding crashers, and the guy was taking a dump with a chick sitting in his lap...wierd
at this thread.

Goddamn it, now Im not going to be able to watch a movie without thinking the same thing
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
...u were watching training day...alonzo was takin a shit when he ditch the white dude with the latinos
Quote by Doolittle
Do it for Hedwig!
what bout in The Departed
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Would you want to sit there for 5-10 minutes waiting for a character to come out of the crapper???
on four brothers mark whalberg took a dump
[/spam]

Freeze...WTF?
Member #1 of the I Poker club. PM Highvoltage45 to join.
The "dramatic shitting scene" is greatly under used. It's really a great vehicle for character developement.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Yeah, I remember thinking that too... lol...
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
i think jeff daniel's poop scene in dumb and dumber would have to be the greatest of all time, though.
Quote by TonyRandall

you are definately a skilled writer.

myspace.

my band

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~

Member of the USA LAUGAM HIT SQUAD
Quote by schecter06
anyone ever watch 24?? thats waht i think when i watch that show

I think the question is, "who here ever doesn't watch 24?"
And, damn it, now im going to think of this whilst watching Jack Bauer kick some terrorist ass.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
I've wondered this all the time. I wonder about video games that are supposed to be realistic too. (except the sims, of course. They go every 10 minutes or so)
Why don't the Sims use the bathroom at work?
By the way I don't watch 24. It looks retarded. I'M NOT INSULTING FANS OF THE SHOW! JUST THE SHOW ITSELF!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Last edited by jthm_guitarist at Feb 23, 2007,
Well unless it's directly relevant to the plot (like some have mentioned, Lethal Weapon II and etc) they don't show people taking a dump because it's uninteresting and unimportant.

Everything happens in movies for a reason. If something doesn't work, or is pointless to have in the movie, i.e. completely irrelevant - it's knocked off and unused.

Well, that's how they should be like, that's generally how it works, but some directors are shit (no pun intended) and don't realise this.
I didn't have a signature until now.
Jurassic Park, then dinosaur eats him while he's on the toilet haha
Quote by HangmaN47
motorboat the clit you motorboatin' sonofabitch.
I don't. I don't care for most TV series.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
I've wondered this all the time. I wonder about video games that are supposed to be realistic too. (except the sims, of course. They go every 10 minutes or so)
Why don't the Sims use the bathroom at work?

Maybe they don't like public bathrooms?
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Any one ever watch elemos world I saw Elmo take a dump.
Quote by SGstriker
I think the question is, "who here ever doesn't watch 24?"
I didn't have a signature until now.
Wait a tic! That Mexican dude took a shit in the remake of Shaft while talking to the dude from American Psycho and the other movie where he was super skinny, see, they shit in movies....
To name a few who we have seen go to the bathroom in film:

Mr.Orange-Resivoir Dogs
Vincent Vega-Pulp Fiction(Many times)
Max Cherry-Jackie Brown(I didn't hear you wash your hands)
Tom Arnold-Austin Power 1
Tom Hanks-The Green Mile,Forest Gump
Two chicks that get killed in Jason Goes to Hell(Fast peeing is still peeing)
John Liguizamo(Whatever)-Assult on prescint 13

Thats just off the top of my head.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Last edited by kornflipsk8er at Feb 23, 2007,
Quote by matt47569
Jurassic Park, then dinosaur eats him while he's on the toilet haha

But he's not taking a shit, he's just hiding in the toilet.

They don't normally show characters using the bathroom in movies because either:

a) It's boring and adds nothing to the plot.

b) It's crass, vulgar, and stupid and adds nothing to the plot.

c) Who the hell needs to see people in movies making potty breaks?

EDIT: kornflipsk8r made some good points, but the toilet scenes aren't that long, e.g., Vincent Vega's shown for maybe 3-4 seconds on the crapper at a time in Pulp Fiction.
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
Last edited by CaptainWow at Feb 23, 2007,
I just finished watching Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny. Jack Black takes a shit in that movie.
Quote by CaptainWow
But he's not taking a shit, he's just hiding in the toilet.

They don't normally show characters using the bathroom in movies because either:

a) It's boring and adds nothing to the plot.

b) It's crass, vulgar, and stupid and adds nothing to the plot.

c) Who the hell needs to see people in movies making potty breaks?

EDIT: kornflipsk8r made some good points, but the toilet scenes aren't that long, e.g., Vincent Vega's shown for maybe 3-4 seconds on the crapper at a time in Pulp Fiction.

Vincent going to the bathroom is probably the only exception.It does have a conecction to the plot.

Every time he goes to the bathroom something bad happens.Old news to any fans but yea.there you go.QT breaking the norm again.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
it isnt shit but there's a jennifer lopez flick where she takes a piss and there's sound effects. you can even see her wipe. nothing kills boners faster.
Quote by kornflipsk8r
Vincent going to the bathroom is probably the only exception.It does have a conecction to the plot.

Every time he goes to the bathroom something bad happens.Old news to any fans but yea.there you go.QT breaking the norm again.

I'll concede the point there, I'd forgotten that, but I am thankful that Tarantino didn't have any extended sequences of John Travolta giving birth to a mud-baby, because that would have ruined the film.

Would comedies really count as toilet scenes though? Potty humor is a staple of your average American comedy film...
Quote by Kai-7
You are the greatest. Wow. CaptainWow

Bumblebee of the Mighty Autobots. PM Kankuro to join.
UG Irish Clan - Póg mo thóin
Metals Fetishist of the"Please Sir, I want GORE" Club - UG Horror Fans and Gorehounds Unite!
Page 1 of 2