Uhm, this shouldn't be off topic, I don't think it is anyway (I'd like to see somebody come up and try to convince me Ozzy isn't metal... especially in these forums, lol!).

But anyway, I'm hoping to get to go to Ozzfest this year, and was wondering if anybody had any trouble with like, parking and shit when they've gone in the past.

My mom insists on going with me (I'm 17, she's an old hippie who is now a nurse, and therefore paranoid as ****ing hell) and was asking all these dumbass questions and wanting me to look into such things, so I'm doing it.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by punk_metal
lol ozzfest sucks dick
all hardcore/metalcore bands

Black Sabbath is metalcore?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
lol
bands lineup:
Ozzy - decent
System of a down - (get ****ed...)
Disturbed - Oh wah ah ah ah ( still gay)
A7x - one of the gayest bands ever
Hatebreed- hardcore
lacuna coil - theyre allright
dragonforce - there one of the better ones

EDIT: cant 4get atreyu unearth and bleeding through.. absolute crappyness
Quote by punk_metal
lol
bands lineup:
Ozzy - decent
System of a down - (get ****ed...)
Disturbed - Oh wah ah ah ah ( still gay)
A7x - one of the gayest bands ever
Hatebreed- hardcore
lacuna coil - theyre allright
dragonforce - there one of the better ones

That was last years line up, and DragonForce sucks.
kinda sad to say but... not really metal anymore. Its 95% hardcore/metalcore now.
Dude I have a sweeet Ozzfest story....

My roomates and I got a call at like 10:30 at night saying they had free ozzfest tickets. So my roomies and I decided we woudl take them. The problem was that Ozzfest was in North Carolina and we lived in Alabama. Its a 10 hour drive......ohh... and Ozzfest was the next day. BUT we drove 10 hours to NC. stayed for most of the time..like 8 hours..(saw All that remains, The red Chord, Walls of Jericho, Norma Jean, BTBAM (Amazing), Unearth, and Dragonforce) and then drove 10 hours back. It was awesome.

But to answer the question. THere werent tons of people there. I mean there were a lot but not like ahuge crowd so nothing was real bad. It will be free this year soooo their should be tons more people. We had a parking pass for where we went too so it made parking very easy. Sooooo. I dunno. You will usually have to walk wherever you park. They serve Alcohol so that could be an issue if someone drinks to much. Its supposed to be inside this year too, so that will help out iwth the heat issue.....Um thats all I can think Of.
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
I'm going for Ozzy, BLS, Maiden, a few metalcore bands that may or may not be there, and I'm praying to the metal gods that Arch Enemy or In Flames will be able to show up at the place I'm going to.

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Quote by punk_metal
u sure?

yes that was last years lineup, people are dumb shits for thinking thats this years lineup.

Edit: to shinozoku : WTF maiden isn't even playing. and no bands have been announced!!
Gear

PRSCustom 24

Jackson DXMG w/ sh-13 dimebucker & sh12 jazz

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo head and matching 4x12 cab

Hendrix dunlop Wah

TS-7 tube screamer
Quote by Mr.Norris
yes that was last years lineup, people are dumb shits for thinking thats this years lineup.

yeah fuly dumb shits aye
Quote by TIMshady1stLP
Dude I have a sweeet Ozzfest story....

My roomates and I got a call at like 10:30 at night saying they had free ozzfest tickets. So my roomies and I decided we woudl take them. The problem was that Ozzfest was in North Carolina and we lived in Alabama. Its a 10 hour drive......ohh... and Ozzfest was the next day. BUT we drove 10 hours to NC. stayed for most of the time..like 8 hours..(saw All that remains, The red Chord, Walls of Jericho, Norma Jean, BTBAM (Amazing), Unearth, and Dragonforce) and then drove 10 hours back. It was awesome.

But to answer the question. THere werent tons of people there. I mean there were a lot but not like ahuge crowd so nothing was real bad. It will be free this year soooo their should be tons more people. We had a parking pass for where we went too so it made parking very easy. Sooooo. I dunno. You will usually have to walk wherever you park. They serve Alcohol so that could be an issue if someone drinks to much. Its supposed to be inside this year too, so that will help out iwth the heat issue.....Um thats all I can think Of.

Wow, the first USEFUL post! Thanks Yeah, my ****ing paranoid mom thinks it's gonna be as bad as Woodstock was, !

Stupid name.

Please keep arguments about Ozzfest's validity to yourselves, as it obviously isn't a big enough issue for the mods to be involved seeing as how they've yet to post about it. Stop spamming up my board with your rediculous band-bashing and go to www.ozzfest.com for your info!

Stupid name.

Quote by Mr.Norris

Edit: to shinozoku : WTF maiden isn't even playing. and no bands have been announced!!

Then they need to post on thier site that it was last years lineup on thier Bands page.

Stupid name.

Quote by Shinozoku
Wow, the first USEFUL post! Thanks Yeah, my ****ing paranoid mom thinks it's gonna be as bad as Woodstock was, !

I mean it could get that bad because it is free and tons of people will be able to get in. Im sure people will get in just to start fights. But I heard it will be inside, so that should keep andone from tearing stuff down and building a huge fire.

yeah and that is last years line up on the website. The line up for this year will be up soon enough though.
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
Quote by Shinozoku
Yeah, my ****ing paranoid mom thinks it's gonna be as bad as Woodstock was, !

Ha ha that'd be hilarious if the free Ozzfest was like woodstock...

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
dude if you read the very first news article it even says

"More Ozzfest 07 info will be release by the end of the first week in March! As far as making sure you get your FREE OZZFEST tickets, your first step is signing up to Ozzfest.com to receive email notifications. You will then be sent all the band, date and ticket info when it is released. Stay tuned, more coming soon!!"

right there...WHEN IT IS RELEASED!
Gear

PRSCustom 24

Jackson DXMG w/ sh-13 dimebucker & sh12 jazz

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo head and matching 4x12 cab

Hendrix dunlop Wah

TS-7 tube screamer
Quote by TIMshady1stLP
I mean it could get that bad because it is free and tons of people will be able to get in. Im sure people will get in just to start fights. But I heard it will be inside, so that should keep andone from tearing stuff down and building a huge fire.

yeah and that is last years line up on the website. The line up for this year will be up soon enough though.

lol, don't encourage her! *covers your post*. My first Ozzfest is gonna suck ass because I have to go with her and her BF.

Also, thanks for clearing up the whole lineup thing. I have a friend to inform xD But seriously, they need to put the dates of the lineups on there...

Stupid name.

Quote by Mr.Norris
dude if you read the very first news article it even says

"More Ozzfest 07 info will be release by the end of the first week in March! As far as making sure you get your FREE OZZFEST tickets, your first step is signing up to Ozzfest.com to receive email notifications. You will then be sent all the band, date and ticket info when it is released. Stay tuned, more coming soon!!"

right there...WHEN IT IS RELEASED!

Crap, how did I overlook the word "band"... for some reason I only noticed where they said "Date and ticket" info xD My bad. Anyway, I still want to go, because I am indeed into metalcore, and it would be cool to see the few "true" metal bands that may or may not play.

Stupid name.

I'm only interested in main stage bands, like last year's was Disturbed, Lacuna Coil, A7X. I enjoyed a few second stagers like Bleeding Through and Atreyu.

I would've liked to see maiden, Preist, VR, Mudvayne, Shadow's fall in the past too.

I guess this year's rumors are AIC, Killswitch Engage, HellYeah, Stone Sour. I'd love to see all of these bands, I've actually seen Alice, but they are one of the best bands out there.