Take this as a troll post if you want (it's meant to illicit discussion)

but I would support any candidate if I agreed with their views, and in my dream I dreamt that HIlary and Baraka were the only ones left running. I was happy because either way it would be a historic change in the history of presidents... but then I thought about baraka winning and it scared me. This is my dream, my subconscious speaking.

Now I already know Baraka has no chance of winning just for this reason, but I don't think America is ready for a black president, do you?
Quote by Stratohol
Take this as a troll post if you want (it's meant to illicit discussion)

but I would support any candidate if I agreed with their views, and in my dream I dreamt that HIlary and Baraka were the only ones left running. I was happy because either way it would be a historic change in the history of presidents... but then I thought about baraka winning and it scared me. This is my dream, my subconscious speaking.

Now I already know Baraka has no chance of winning just for this reason, but I don't think America is ready for a black president, do you?

Isn't Baraka a dude from Street Fighter? I'm pretty sure you mean Barack Obama. I'm curious, why do you say that America, "isn't ready for a black president"?
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Barack Obama rocks my face way harder than the castrationatrix Hillary Clinton. Amercia is totally ready for a black president, didnt you see idiocracy?
I don't even live in the US but I'd still really like to see Obama win. I think it's time for a change...a fresh face in the White House and I don't think the rest of the world needs another Bush/Clinton. I can't say whether America is ready for a black president or not, but I think the rest of the world is ready for a new president like Obama.

EDIT: out of interest, does anybody know what his stance is on gay marriages?
Guitars
"Dakota" - Fender Splatter Strat
"Jacqueline" - Maton CW80
Last edited by jase_connor at Feb 23, 2007,
Quote by Bubban
Isn't Baraka a dude from Street Fighter? I'm pretty sure you mean Barack Obama. I'm curious, why do you say that America, "isn't ready for a black president"?

Well read the post for my exact reason

despite rational thought, there is a subconscious fear of black people. THat's what I meant
Quote by kthanxbai
They both can't, they're both Dems.

it was a DREAM smartass.. I know that
Quote by Bubban

mortal combat.*

i don't think he should e given presidency of the U.S. it would scare me too
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
The thing about Obama is, he is (at least viewed by society as, if not completely) honest.

He appears to be the exact opposite of what most people view George Bush as. He's optimistic, honest, not too divisive (unless you're racist - but he's still not as divisive as Mrs. Clinton), and he's very good with the interview, which leads me to believe he's a solid speaker and good with diplomacy (something that needs to be brought more to the table in Iraq). I still don't know how I feel about his troop-withdrawal plan, but that's why you have Congress.

And secondly, you're not smart enough to spell his name, so your opinion is officially null and void.
Quote by Stratohol

despite rational thought, there is a subconscious fear of black people. THat's what I meant

A subconscious fear? hahahaha speak for yourself.
Guitars
"Dakota" - Fender Splatter Strat
"Jacqueline" - Maton CW80
Quote by Stratohol

You say that as if it applies to everyone. I for one have absolutely no fear of black people.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by LadyHellraiser
Baraka... haha...

well hilary shouldnt be president. she couldnt even keep her husband on a leash, how the hell is she gonna effectively govern a country? better barack than her....

that's a silly reason
who cares what the president does in his sex life? And guess what, who do you think was REALLY the president those 8 years? Damn good job too
Quote by Stratohol

Where are you from?

I don't have a problem with black people any more than I do white people. Yes, you've got thugs, but you've also got rednecks. Not every white person is a redneck, not every black person is a rapper, not every gay person is a flaming drag queen.
I'd like to see Barack win. He seems honest.
BUT... some people are prejudice/racist, and his last name rhymes with "Osama"
Does anyone know his middle name?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
As far as I'm concerned, Hillary Clinton is crazy and I don't want her to be president. I'd be fine with Obama as President. I don't love him, but I don't hate him. The best candidate under the Democrat bill is Joe Biden, but he doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut and says racist stuff and tries to weasel his way out of it like all politicians do. But his policies are great and he would actually make a good president.

As far as the Republicans are concerned, John McCain is the only one I'd consider voting for.

I'm also considering just giving up on both of them and voting Green.
Quote by grayfox1001
mortal combat.*

no.. its street fighter, but thats not the point, the point is I'm from f*ckin' texas and I have NO fear of a black person as president, and it seems ridiculous to me that people would have that fear. If his policy was the complete isolation of all American borders and to eliminate the canadian population, then I would be scared.
i like Obama. ive been reading about his stance on key issues and such, and i agree with most of what he believes.

one of my mom's friends is a die hard republican (but shes the type of person who doesnt really know anything about the stuff theyre talking about), and the other day she was like, "oh, i dont like that Barack Obama. he's from the middle east."

i was like, WTF? do you know nothing? he isnt from the middle east. his dad is kenyan, and his mom is from Kansas, and he was born is the united states, obviously, otherwise he couldnt be running for president.

and she was still like "are you sure about that?"

FFS!!!

i hate people like that.
obama is from hawaii and his dad is from kenya so technically he aint black,

dont any of you wach the colbert report.
co-founder of theressurect pogs club
pm me to join
(\__/)
(='.'=) this bunny also has a god complex
(")_(")

Quote by vBulletin Message
Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

remember UG march 8&9, 2007 i was there.
Quote by klysandral
no.. its street fighter, but thats not the point, the point is I'm from f*ckin' texas and I have NO fear of a black person as president, and it seems ridiculous to me that people would have that fear. If his policy was the complete isolation of all American borders and to eliminate the canadian population, then I would be scared.

Baraka is from Mortal Kombat
Quote by Stratohol
Baraka is from Mortal Kombat

I'm pretty sure there's also a Baraka in Street Fighter.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
damn your right, i just looked it up on wikipedia, coulda swprn it was street fighter *shrug*
god dammit kenny there is no baraka in streetfighter its from mortal kombat
co-founder of theressurect pogs club
pm me to join
(\__/)
(='.'=) this bunny also has a god complex
(")_(")

Quote by vBulletin Message
Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

remember UG march 8&9, 2007 i was there.
I'd be really happy if Obama won.

He seems like a decent president. And having a black president would give the US its credibility back.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Baraka Wins.

Fatality.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Lol, I got Baraka mixed up with Blanka
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
What does being black have to do with anything? I hope he wins and changes all the bullshit in America.
::::Soul Prospect::::
♪♫♫♫♪
Quote by LadyHellraiser
the economy was in shambles because of what Reagan did

FIXED

Reagan's splurging on defense equipment that became outdated only years after over a billion was spent on it (SDI anyone?) only worsened a terrible debt that has been steadily growing for about 40 years now. Clinton was the first President in a LONG time to actually decrease the national deficit a little bit.

That being said I strongly support Barack Obama. I think he's genuine which is one of the rarest things to find in a politican. Aside from that he seems decisive and well informed unlike certain politicans who may have lucked into to office for eight years despite losing the election that got him into office in the first place. Also Obama IS black, if watching the Colbert Report makes you think you're well informed on these subjects then I worry for you. His father was Kenyan, Kenya is in Africa. He is a dark skinned African-American. The reason people believe that he'll have trouble garnering the black vote is that his father chose to immigrate over here, he wasn't brought over in chains on a boat.
I find that voting based on anything but how they preform their job is a bad idea. Bush for example is doing a horrible job. But that doesn't mean I'm just going to vote for obama "cause a black dude in the white house would kick ass".
What's up?
What does his race have to do with his ability to run a country? I'm getting sick and tired of Obama injecting his race into the discussion as if it's at all relevant. We know you're black...who cares?

Obama is the biggest big government whore in a long time, he's incompetent, but he has the charisma to win. If the democrats are smart, they'll run him over Hillary.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Last edited by Archeo Avis at Feb 23, 2007,
I dreamed a whited, redneck, Christian fundamentalist with the IQ of a sock full of popcorn would become president and would screw up over and over again, going so far as to start a war for the sake of oil and say absolutely anything to justify it and the idiots in the US would buy it and just let things slide then re-elect him for another 4 years of retardation and-

Oh, wait. I'm awake.