i have an extremely bad distortion pedal around somewhere and i was wondering if i could modify it into something else like a chorus flange or even a fuzz pedal. bassically anything other then this sound i get from it.
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
You can mod it into another type of effect.....If you replace the entire innards.

What make and model is it?
Post a picture of the circuit board, so we can get some idea of what it is.
ummm ok ill do it tommorow when i can get my hands on a camera. cheers for the help so far
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
ive unscrewed it all but it is still attached using the input and output sockets. how do i take it out without damaging it.
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
heres some pics i still cnt figure out how the input and output jacks comeout though???????
Attachments:
IMG_0678.jpg
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
ok theyll be up in a minute
EDIT: heres the pic, i think thats what u need to see.
Attachments:
willy.jpg
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
Last edited by mr_tea at Feb 23, 2007,
Ok if theres no nut on the outside, its just mounted straight to the PCB. Just removed the PCB. You may need to unscrew it if you havent. If so, just tilt up the back a bit (where the battery was), and the pull it back. Should come out.
its hel tyte could it be glued in somewhere???
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
probably not.

and switching the transistor type will give it a different clipping pattern, may sound more like a fuzz or a different distortion sound.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHh it wont come out any suggestions at all?????
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
i think what might be happenin is that the whole circuit board is so tightly fit in that it would be extremely hard to get out. have u ever come across this problem b4?????
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
Possibly. Have you disconnected the pots and stuff on the top? Maybe they are somehow holding it down. If you have just give a little pressure pulling it (not enough to break the board).
what do u mean when u say pots???im really a noob i know. do u mean the tone knobs and stuff??
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
Nope. Pretty useless... Like I said, you could buy all new components to build a new pedal and just put it in that enclosure... Thats about all though. Sorry man.
no problem thanks for all the help. so what other effects could i make if used the enclosure and bought all the parts??? or isnt it really worth it. id still like to build my own pedal.
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
I hope no one minds me asking a question i've been having in here. I have a digitech Death Metal pedal, and for guitar it can really sound great, TONS of distortion. It sucks all the tone out of my bass though, and takes away almost all of the low end. Is there any way I would be able to make it better for bass? If you need pics of the inside, just tell me.

Thanks!
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
I hope no one minds me asking a question i've been having in here. I have a digitech Death Metal pedal, and for guitar it can really sound great, TONS of distortion. It sucks all the tone out of my bass though, and takes away almost all of the low end. Is there any way I would be able to make it better for bass? If you need pics of the inside, just tell me.

Thanks!

dont hijack threads
if you have a question make a new thread and ask it, make sure to do a search first though...
Quote by mr_tea
no problem thanks for all the help. so what other effects could i make if used the enclosure and bought all the parts??? or isnt it really worth it. id still like to build my own pedal.

virtually anything. do you want a fuzz? another distortion? or something completely different? the sky's the limit.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!