7 19%
Other.
12 32%
Voters: 37.
Wen do u think a child is classed as "alive"
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
I vote you for Australian of the Year.

Quote by Dunjma
lol yea chuck the sicky! what an aussie tradition angels fighter i too vote u for aussie of the year

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I call bullsh*t. White people don't get sacked.

Visit my friends Site
When their heart starts beating. None of this 16 cell bullshit.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
is this the abortion question? i think they're alive when they don't need a womb to live
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
to class something as alive, you first need to define what life is. there is 40 year olds who have so little of a life that some wouldnt class them as alive...

however, if we can call plants alive, even though they cant think or do anything, then life begins at conception
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by The Casualty
Point of conceptions. They can be alive while in the womb, seeing as they eat, and move.

+1
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
I classify a child as alive at the point where organs begin to form so thats heart lungs and brain. Before that its a zygote and not alive in the sense of the word you are looking for. It is not sencient (sp). That point comes when the brain and spinal chord begin to form and the heart forms.

EDIT:

Plants are "aware" of their surroundings as they are able to manipulate biochemical and metabolic pathways in a way that enables survival. Thats just a comment to the person who said plants cant think. No they cant but they can be "aware" of their surroundings as they can detect changes. Just like animals detect changes in heart, light and other stimuli.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Last edited by Guitardude19 at Feb 23, 2007,
its when the parents meet and one of them happens to be catholic. No contraception.

(or when the heart starts to beat)
3 weeks after conception, before that is really has nothing that shows its a baby