Yes, I have thrown myself in at the deep end and have set a goal to get grade 8 theory by August this year so I can change my degree course from chemistry to music by september.

I have always wanted to do music but I was never allowed as a child and I thought "what do I need to do to get on a degree course? I need grade 8 theory." My playing is fine, the uni said as long as I get grade 8 in theory they will consider me. Well, I have worked through the first 3 grades in about a month (starting grade 4 work tomorrow). By march I should be finishing grade 5 and by end of april begining of may starting grade 7.

See I wanted to be a chemistry teacher because I knew deep down, all along it wasnt what I really wanted to do. In the back of my mind I kept telling myself its music you want to do.

I normally do on average 2 - 3 hours study a night on music theory at the moment (and 4 hours on the chemistry degree). When I hit grades 5,6,7,8 how many hours do you think I should be spending a night on theory to reach my goal?

All advice welcome.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Its like the law of diminishing returns my friend, its gonna get longer and tougher. But according to my ex, it all revolves around the circle of fifths.
if you got nothing good to say say nothing at all.