I know I've posted alot of threads about this project in here recently, but I figured if I start a new thread on the exact thing I need help with more people will reply instead of asking again and again in an original thread...
So here goes... I need help with wiring for and diagrams for my guitar project.
It is a HSH strat-like guitar, the electronic side of things are as follows:

1x Volume (Push-pull for 2 humbucker single coil switching and .001 cap treble bleed)
2x Tone (with .020 caps)
1x 5-way switch
1x 3-way mini toggle switch for killswitch (so middle is off (ON-OFF-ON))
2x Seymour Duncan Invader humbuckers
1x Seymour Duncan Vintage Rails
1x Output jack

Here's a diagram made up of a couple of other people's diagrams that I put together to hopefully make sense... I don't think the capacitor placings are correct (I'm missing one) so if someone could pleeeease correct my diagram or do up a new one, that'd be very very awesome.

My diagram:
Wooo....My diagram! Capacitor placings are fine. Many strat type set ups use one capacitor for tone. The .001 value you see there isn't a tone cap, it's a treble bleed cap. It gives ya smoother volume rolls, and retains treble when you roll down.
Also, the red rectangles are 150K resistors, that kinda change the value of the potentiometers, to compromise between the single coils and humbuckers.
You'll see that the second tone pot has a lead connecting to the tab where the capcitor connects, that allows it to use that cap. There's also a jumper I put on the pickup selector so that way your second tone control works on your bridge and middle pickup.

BTW....WHY? Why two invaders??
Is wiring a killswitch this way particularly better than just cutting the circuit between the output jack and the volume pot? What's the advantage in this case over that or vice versa?
im trying to install a killswitch into my guitar , ive got a SPST switch , so would it basically be the same? im not quite sure how this would work out, can anyone give me a diagram or some advice?
Up the irons
forsaknazrael: Is 2 Invaders a bad thing? I hope not, cause I already got em!
I want my guitar to have the same balls that Tom Morello's "Arm the Homeless" does (well, similar, because his are EMG-81 and 85 actives)... And I was told that Invaders are one of the heaviest 'duncans and are really good?
I got em cheap new aswell off ebay from America... They cost like $300 each new here and I got em for about $120 or so each new.
I also wanted the middle single coil to sound really stratty and blues-hendrixy...
Well, Invader are definitely one of SD's higher output pickups, but they're not very versatile, and can be pretty muddy. Wouldn't compare them to EMG actives...Definitely wouldn't mix with a Vintage Rails...

But unfortunately, you've already got em, so wire em up! See how it sounds, you might find it to your liking, I've never liked the Invader. You can get a heavy sounding pickup without losing versatility or clarity - IE, one that's not the Invader. Also, I hope at least your neck invader is an actual neck position Invader.
forsaknazrael: Yeah the neck invader is a neck one... Man I hope I'm not disapponted once it's done... Is there any way to make them less muddy?
Also, how would EMG-81 bridge and 85 neck (like Morello's) go in with a vintage rails n all that? Would I have to change any of the electronics with putting in actives? (apart from the battery box thing)

EDIT: By the way this is Loop-De-Luke, I'm at my friends house
Originally posted by dave_c2k2
Just shout really loud...

"Mother where is the carving knife i want to put my HAPPY face on!"
Last edited by mr_clapton at Feb 24, 2007,
Quote by Bleed_On_you
im trying to install a killswitch into my guitar , ive got a SPST switch , so would it basically be the same? im not quite sure how this would work out, can anyone give me a diagram or some advice?

Quote by tubab0y

again.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
tubab0y: I'm using a 3-way toggle switch... it's different wiring to a 2-way
Originally posted by dave_c2k2
Just shout really loud...

"Mother where is the carving knife i want to put my HAPPY face on!"
yeah, why a three way? you're never going to use one of the ways.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
BTW when mixing passives and actives, you will have to make and install a buffer, which will allow you to mix the two pickup types together.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
You'll need to wire it all onto a little board, but it's just a few resistors and capacitors that allows you to mix active and passive pickups without the incredible volume difference and the 9V bleeding across to the passives and whatever.

EDIT: BTW, I've got a schem for it and a parts layout etc. laying around somewhere. That is if I didn't lose them when my PC went bang.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Last edited by Calum_Barrow at Feb 26, 2007,