5 19%
Martin
22 81%
Voters: 27.
http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=273&CollectionID=15

or

http://www.mguitar.com/guitars/choosing/guitars.php?p=z&g=d&m=000-15

both have all solid wood construction.

the Epi is Korean and the Martin is American made.

the Epi is quite a bit cheaper.about 300euro cheaper than th martin but the price isnt THAT important.

anyway my music shop locally doesnt have either of these so i cant try em out,i need a good acoustic to last me through college (roommates frown sternly on my electric guitar...)

oh yeah and im not much of a fingerpicker either so just a nice strumable guitar and a neck that lets me do some complex chords.

so suggestions please!

EDIT: if anyone has any other suggestions here are my requirements!

-900 euro budget
-HAS to be all solid wood construction
- i dont want a cutaway
-i dont need any pickup system for the guitar,its mainly for college noodling.

CHEERS!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Last edited by buzz at Feb 23, 2007,
I voted for the epiphone. Mainly because I like the body style better
has anyone played any of these 2?

if so tell me what you thought!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by fsb_ben
Martin D-15, check it out

the D-15 is the same as the 000-15, just different body shape.

have you got one or what?
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

My personal policy is to go with Martins if possible. It's not a completely applicable, universal rule, obviously, but the general gist is that Martins are very nice.

My personal vote is to the Martin, but I haven't played either of those specific models so this is just purely a personal opinion.
An Epiphone wouldn't be a bad decision but Martin make some of the best acoustic guitars in the world
To be honest, its kind of like comparing apples and oranges. The mahogany Martin will be a warmer, more rounded sound than the Epiphone, which with its spruce top will be a brighter tone. If you are an electric player looking for an acoustic to practice with, I would probably go with the Epiphone. I think you'll find it better for your purpose.

Oh, and yes, Martin is a more established acoustic brand, but these Epiphone Masterbilts turned me into a believer of the Epiphone brand. If you haven't played one of them, you should. They are a terrific buy for the money.

Oh, and another thing: I agree with whoever posted Taylor above...the Taylor 200 or 300 series would also be a good buy in this price range.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Hmmm, gotta take a different train. I would check out Breedlove the AD series has everything you want and is well within the budget you want. Of course if you changed your mind on cutaways you could look at the AC series which IMO is even nicer and still well within your budget. Go directly to the Breedlove site for descriptions, pics and specs and then one of the online music stores for a price.