Hey every1 im planning on changing my guitars pickups i thought if i get a dimebucker i will only get it for the bridge and if i get EMG's i will get them for both pickups
btw i use a ibanez prestige2550E and through a laney 30w amp the problem is that there is 2much bass sound plz suggest which pickup?? and y cheerss.
Well the neck EMG's probably won't be that great. I've heard some sound ok, but most sound like shit in the neck position clean or distorted.
It all depends on what kind of sound you're looking to get - apart from the fact that the Dimebucker is crap no matter what.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
how do you figure the dimebucker is crap. have you not heard pantera? and yes i am aware that he also used a bill lawerence pickup but he would also use the dimebucker.aside from that i really would like to know what makes you think the dimebucker is crap
In the greater scheme of things Dime didn't exactly have the greatest tone in the world, and as you've pointed out he used the Lawrence L500 XL for the majority of his career....he didn't use the Dimebucker until post-Pantera
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Nope, I had the 81's and 60's and they were great for what they were supposed to do...metal!11

So I say get the EMG's...the 60's were really nice in the cleans...but for distortion, they were okay.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
yeah, Dimebuckers sound... okay when you put a WHOLE FREAKING LOT of gain of them, but they lose all clarity if you play a chord other than a power chord. clean, they just sound thin and dead. Get some Gibson pickups, they are the best.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I just thought it was hilarious when they came out and everyone was all "Oh my God Gibson is finally back and these pickups kill anything else on the market" and when I finally heard them, I wanted to laugh my ass off. I think Seymour Duncan makes better pups than Gibson. And then of course there's Bareknuckle. They're alright, but not the best, that's for sure.
Bare Knuckle is way too expensive, IMO.
Seymour Duncan makes some good ones, some alright ones, some bad models. It happens. I use SD, myself.

But yeah, if you tried an LP and used the neck for rhythm, and got mud, I'm not surprised. That's why if I were to get an LP, it'd be a 24-fret double cutaway, so the neck pickup is moved back a bit.

But I know what you mean. People just love the brand name, sometimes. Don't even ask questions about it.
Bareknuckles own. They may be expensive but you definitely get what you pay for. I'm yet to hear any SD or Gibson pickups that even come close to Bareknuckles.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
...turn down the bass.
Both pickups are terrible.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
If I were replacing pickups, I wouldn't buy anything other than GFS pickups (if I wanted cheap ones) or High Order Pickups.

It's hard to beat almost completely customized pickups for around $70.

EMGs are better than Dimebuckers, in any event.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i played a jackson w/ emgs (81 and 60) through an amp the i played my guitar through the same amp , same settings and the dimebucker compared to emgs is like a massacre

Dimebucker no doubt, but not for lead
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
Threadstarter still hasn't bothered to say what kind of sound he wants, but as his username is "guitarpunksomethingorother" I'll take a stab in the dark and say Duncan Distortion or Custom - probably the Distortion if things are too bassy. However, I've a feeling the solution will be the "Learn-to-EQ-bucker"
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

TehJeremy, you can bash on Gibson pickups all you want to, 'cause I know that they are good. I have two '56 Classic pups in my Gibson, and they blow SD out of the water, piss on them, and just leaves them wishing they sounded as good. My tone is absolutely vintage, and I do have another guitar that I keep tuned down for Stuff like Korn, Slipknot, System of a Down, or Disturbed, and I put an SD in the bridge cause the stock pup had no clarity and fed back, and now one problem IS solved, it no longer feeds back, but now it just sounds almost worse than before, and I spent over $100 buying and installing it. EMG are very good pickups, I wont bash them, but for metal only really. The Gibsons are best for old school rock, up till metal stared going downhill, aka the nineties. Luckily, most of what I play is classic rock and early metal like Sabbath, Metallica (pre sell out), G & R, ect, so my tone on those pickups is perfect, cause they are the same pickups alot of those bands used. If all you play is metal, then get emgs, I once took the same model Epi Les Paul in the store, one with stock and one with EMG, and the EMG's were definitely better. If you play more stuff than that, save up for the Gibsons.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!