I heard this on a tab and i'v never heard of it. How do u play this
04 Ibanez RG220B with jackson bridge humbucker
Trem picking is playing a note really fast and clean. Eddie Van Halen does it great on Eruption.

If you wanna practice trem picking, try the begining of Wasted Years by Iron Maiden. That's how i learned to pick up some speed.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
yeah you alternate pick one note really fast a bunch of times. ac/dc's let there be rock is a good example. the third solo, right before the ending. you should check it out. wonderful trem picking
GEAR:

2004 Squire Mini (First Guitar)
Ibanez TB15R (Practice Amp)
2005 Gibson SG Standard HC (Only Good Guitar)
1990 Marshall JCM 900 2500 Hi Gain Master Volume Head(50w)
1990 Marshall JCM 900 1960A Cabinet
picking the same note alternatively really fast (then you move on to the next note or what ever the song calls for)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Does it really create a tremelo effect?

When I think tremelo + guitar I think of that video I saw of Hendrix playing while turning his volume back and forth.
^thats called a volume swell, not the same thing

to do that you wrap your pick hand's pinky around the volume knob and rock it back and forth while playing

a vibrato is when you rock a "whammy bar" or "trem unit" back and forth and such... it can also be created by smoothly bending a string back and forth

and i already explained tremolo picking
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
I think I've always referred to tremelo picking as "speed picking" but I guess that wasn't correct. Are they somewhat the same or is speed picking different. Also I've found the best way for me to accomplish this is by locking my hand and just forcing my wrist back and forth. I know you're not supposed to tense up to much while playing but right now thats all I can do. Have you guys eventually loosened up and picked "normal," just really fast, or do you trem pick a little differently than your normal attack on the strings... hope someone can understand that...?