Ok so I just started playing Bass again becuase a band wants to audition me. So Im relearning all my stuff and my fingers are hurting becuase i havent usedmy fingers to pluck the strings. so now I have blisters. is there Anyway to make them quickly turn into calices or make them stop hurting?
Sorry, you're just going to have to rest. In the long term, you could try to lighten up your attack. If your plucking too hard, this will obviously cause imflammation.

But if you're REALLY desperate to play for this audition, duck tape?
I'd stop playing for a day or so, if possible and let them heal a bit before playing. Also, if they're really terrible, you probably don't need to pluck the strings that hard. If it's louder that way, then just turn up your amp. If you like the tone of a hard attack, a pick would probably be a lot better, and you'd have more control.

whatever you do, don't pop or pick at the blisters. In my experience, they heal quicker and it makes for better calluses if the skin remains unbroken. It hurts way more to play on a broken blister than one that has had a chance to heal a bit after a day or so. Also, try not to get your hands wet before you play, it makes the blister softer and much more prone to being ripped open.
If I may quote Calvin and Hobbes, "blisters build character."

The blisters are normally if you go a while without playing or if you're just beginning. I actually just dealt with it and kept playing (not trying to sound pompous), then they turned into callouses and kind of went away after a while. You'll get used to it. =D
nice thanks
aha Shut_up_you I was gunna use something liek your idea if they still really hurt by monday im going to put band aids on and say I burnt my fingers but I can still play
Quote by true_bacon22
nice thanks
aha Shut_up_you I was gunna use something liek your idea if they still really hurt by monday im going to put band aids on and say I burnt my fingers but I can still play

Or just tell them the truth? Not that big of a deal, nothing to be ashamed of.
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Hmmm... I find that if you DO pop them, they heal really quickly into a dead layer of skin, which is near enough inpenitratable. That way has always built calouses up really quickly for me
The bassist in my school band (i played guitar back then) was a bit of an idiot, and I remember this time he had this massive blister of on his index finger on his right hand. Anyway it looked like it would've hurt like hell but he didn't care, and in the middle of the song it popped, and blood came gushing out!! He didn't even notice.
If you can ever get your hands on an upright bass maybe at a music store or at a school that will callus your fingers right up( mine are literally callused to the bone). But if you can only get your hands on an electric, then pluck the strings more toward the back of the bass to get the more treble-y sound. That is because when the strings are tighter or thicker, it will make your finger thicker as well. Peace Out.
:stickpoke ~Rubricante
P.S. Try using a new finger like your middle finger that you dont use as much. This can build up a serious blood blister that will really thicken your finger. Plus it will give your other finger a break. Peace Out.
Quote by DrWarm
The bassist in my school band (i played guitar back then) was a bit of an idiot, and I remember this time he had this massive blister of on his index finger on his right hand. Anyway it looked like it would've hurt like hell but he didn't care, and in the middle of the song it popped, and blood came gushing out!! He didn't even notice.

Same exact thing happened to me.
I've found that once you have a blister, you can break it open and let the water leak out but then don't tear off the dead skin. That dead skin will reattach to the finger (now that the water's gone) and form a very hard piece of skin, making bass a lot easier. Sounds grosser than it really is.
I had an enormous callous on my middle finger, we're talking like dime-szied. I just put tape over it and played. When it started hurting, I just picked up a pick.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
Quote by billab0ng
I've found that once you have a blister, you can break it open and let the water leak out but then don't tear off the dead skin. That dead skin will reattach to the finger (now that the water's gone) and form a very hard piece of skin, making bass a lot easier. Sounds grosser than it really is.

Exactly what I do. You, sir, are a genius, just like me
DUCT TAPE WONT HELP LOL, seriously you wont feel anythgin and the tone will be ruined, your just gonna have to sit tight really. eventually once you play so long and so often. you really do stop gettign calices aswell. now my fingers are always soft, and i play 2 hours min each day
me you

if you notice any spelling mistakes, or grammar stuff, its cos i have tourettes syndrome and i cbf correcting it, cos that involves reading it over. so get the F*** over it.
Quote by DrWarm

Me and a friend of mine had organized a show and got bands to come and one of the bassists broke a string, split his finger and continued playing. His bass and the floor was full of blood.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
I say don't pop those blisters. When you get them and it hurts to play, put a bandaid on the finger or stop playing. If you wait for them to heal without popping them, your skin will toughen up better. If you pop them, your skin will come back faster but so will the blisters.