Im going to set up my Drop C guitar and adjust the floating trem on it for Drop C only, but I am wondering which gauge of strings sound better on it. I play Metal/Death Metal with this guitar

First set that caught my eye were the
GHS 11-50 Boomers, I see alot of other people playing drop C using 11's

Secondly, I was thinking of going a little lower
12-52 Boomers

Thirdly,
I was looking at the Zakk Wylde low tune. The gauges are 10-70
70 is pretty high, Ive never heard them. Maybe they suck. Does anyone have these?

I was thinking of only using GHS Boomers, but im open to other strings.

Does anyone have any suggestion on strings for Drop C only?
i usually use ernie ball 10s for my guitar and they sound and feel fine in drop c. but i would try the 11s
The thing is I cant try these out before I buy them, Im going to pick strings out at the shop so they can put them on and set it up.
go 11's because you dont want to through all the trouble to set it up only to realize that the strings are a bit floppy
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
God I hate Trems... I'm gonna tighten the springs on mine so It can only do drops... Can't stand it going out of tune when doing alternate tunings..
Go for the highest guage you can possibly get to retain the tension in the strings.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I don't mind the trem, I use it alot actually for divebombs.
I guess I will go 11's because Ive never tried the 12's or the biggo 70's, but I have used 11's and they were great.
Boomers sound like shyte. Try some DR tite fits. 12 gauge. Or the strings linked in my sig if you're willing to buy offline.
Quote by georgeazguitar
I don't mind the trem, I use it alot actually for divebombs.
I guess I will go 11's because Ive never tried the 12's or the biggo 70's, but I have used 11's and they were great.

You can still use it for divebombs if you tighten the springs.. And you have no problems if you break a string, or want to do a different tuning.