Page 1 of 7
alright I wanna know who's band has the most annoying fans, mine would have to be Fall out Boy and Panic at the disco. THey piss me off cuz of all the rich kids thinking that they can be real punk rockers without acting like it
Pop Punk and Hip Hop as genres got the most annoying fans in my opinion, because they cant seem to appreciate any other kind of music.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by stayalive#55
alright I wanna know who's band has the most annoying fans, mine would have to be Fall out Boy and Panic at the disco. THey piss me off cuz of all the rich kids thinking that they can be real punk rockers without acting like it

I don't think anyone even considers themselves Punk rockers anymore, and I doubt people are getting into bands like Fall Out Boy and Panic! thinking that they can call themselves Punk rockers. Yeah, maybe they like them for a fad, but it's not for the sake of being "Punk." And a lot of rich, snobby, prep teens do listen to them, but only because they're catchy, not to boost their Punk cred.

Think, man. The Punk mindset died. You may have kids who still listen to good Punk and dress like Punks, but that's where it stops.
Poor advice.
Cocky shred fans and the "one song" fans, you know the kids that wear Zeppelin shirts but only listen to Stairway, or the AC/DC fans that own Back In Black.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by The Casualty
Classic Rock, no one I despise more than someone who thinks Classic Rock is the best genre ever.

Ugh.

Most Classic Rock fans chap my ass. They think they're cool because they listen to their parents music. Last time I checked on the social ladder, doing or liking anything your parents dig is social suicide.
Poor advice.
Quote by Stop Messin'
Cocky shred fans and the "one song" fans, you know the kids that wear Zeppelin shirts but only listen to Stairway, or the AC/DC fans that own Back In Black.

You're fucking stupid. If the only Zep song you've ever heard is Stairway, then there's something wrong, because that shit is thrown at you every where you go: Car commercials, the radio, movies, etc.

If anything, the "one song" kids can mostly be attributed to Indie music.
Poor advice.
dude stellar legs, you gotta come see where I go to skool, these people think that they can call themselves that, and I am truly serious the other day someone said that they only listen to punk bands like All american rejects, and I almost beat the crap out of the kid. and casualty, I agree classic rock isnt the best, but it's still alright to me
Anyone that is only a fan of one specific genre. I "only listen to metal" or I "only listen to classic rock". That's just fucking ignorant.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Quote by stellar_legs
Ugh.

Most Classic Rock fans chap my ass. They think they're cool because they listen to their parents music. Last time I checked on the social ladder, doing or liking anything your parents dig is social suicide.

Oh, so we shouldn't listen to music from the 70's and 80's because our parents listened to it? The music made back then is 'the shit'
You're fucking stupid. If the only Zep song you've ever heard is Stairway, then there's something wrong, because that shit is thrown at you every where you go: Car commercials, the radio, movies, etc.

Nice way to speak to a lady jackass. Go back and read what i wrote, Billy Bob, and you'll see what i meant. If you can't, you need an education.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Matsols
Oh, so we shouldn't listen to music from the 70's and 80's because our parents listened to it? The music made back then is 'the shit'

You've obviously misread.
Some Slayer fans really suck, Im a huge Slayer fan but not like some people i'v seen, like on the War At The Warfield DVD one fan said "anybody who doesnt listen to Slayer needs to die" I think that is really stupid to say
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Quote by stayalive#55
I agree classic rock isnt the best, but it's still alright to me

I think the overall point is attacking those CR Purists that refuse to listen anything that was released past 1989. I really do not like those people. But the people I find it hard to put up with most is the fad fan. The breaking new artist is all of a sudden a huge part of their lives and they have the band sweatshirt with lame graffiti text on it, then one month later its a new band with the same sweatshirt design and same sound...
Quote by Stop Messin'
Nice way to speak to a lady jackass. Go back and read what i wrote, Billy Bob, and you'll see what i meant. If you can't, you need an education.

I'm supposed to watch what I say because you're a girl?
First off, no.

Second off, I read what you said, and there's no one in the world who's going to call themselves a Zep and Ac/Dc fan and have only heard one song by the band. No one is like that. If you have a non-mainstream , very underground band (saaay, Fugazi), then it would make sense if someone had heard one song, and said, in an attempt to be cool, "Oh, um, yeah, I love Fugazi!"

But Classic Rock? Seriously.
Poor advice.
nah classic rock is alright, but you have to get other albums than the real popular ones, not back in black, or Zep 4, or dark side of the moon. Get into albums like The Wall, Houses of the Holy, Highway to Hell most of the one song kids have no idea what they are, and it's so funny
People who listen to what Kerrang tell them to listen to, eg, mcr, fob, atreyu, bring me the horizon, enter shikari etc etc
I'm not even aloud to have an opinion and got a shoe thrown at me for liking indie, rap and classical, plus because i said i hated the distillers. It's rather pathetic.

Plus i agree with Slayer fans, my friends a huge one and i got shit for saying i hated them
Quote by stellar_legs
First off, no.

Second off, I read what you said, and there's no one in the world who's going to call themselves a Zep and Ac/Dc fan and have only heard one song by the band. No one is like that. If you have a non-mainstream , very underground band (saaay, Fugazi), then it would make sense if someone had heard one song, and said, in an attempt to be cool, "Oh, um, yeah, I love Fugazi!"

What she was getting at was the kids who say they're big fans of a band, and yet they only listen to one song, usually that song is their most famous. In Zep's case, Stairway To Heaven.
anybody that wears eyeliner cause their favorite bands do, they should all re-evaluate themselves.....eyeliners for woman, any rap fans or fans of high pitchy voiced so-called punk. in my opinion punk doesnt exist any more
Last edited by sowhat360 at Feb 23, 2007,
People who only listen to music for the sake of it being popular like some fans of FOB, Nirvana, Artic monkeys and Muse.
Quote by The Casualty
What she was getting at was the kids who say they're big fans of a band, and yet they only listen to one song, usually that song is their most famous. In Zep's case, Stairway To Heaven.

That's not the way she worded it.

I stand by my statement.
Poor advice.
Quote by sowhat360
anybody that wears eyeliner cause their favorite bands do, they should all re-evaluate themselves

amen brother, stick to some real music
Quote by The Casualty

Just the other day I was driving a friend around listening to Led Zep, he was wearing a Led Zep hoodie, and he started saying things like "Why do people like them so much?" and "John Bonham really wasnt that great...". I don't think he realized what sweatshirt he was wearing, but he has a slew of them he wears for no reason other than they are considered rock greats. He's got a Floyd one too, and he won't listen to them.
Quote by stellar_legs
First off, no.

Go to the local mall and you'll see some, or the kids that hang around in guitar shops. I worked in a guitar shop for 3 years, i've seen it over and over. "Die hard Zeppelin fans" that come in and play Stairway over and over. Then when you ask them to name a song from Presence or In Through The Out Door, they turn red and leave.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468

it's true
Quote by stellar_legs
Ugh.

you sound like the type of person who follows the herd, if you know what i mean.
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
stellar legs, your an idiot. There is so many people who wear the Led Zep shirts and have only heard stairway to heaven. If that.
ch.ILL
Quote by Alix_D
So, your saying any band who have ever worn eyeliner aren't real music? That's a new take on things.

no I said that wrong, it's music, but if the only reason you listen to it is personal acceptance, it doesn't stay music, it becomes almost cult-like. If that made anysense to you, you sir are a genius
Anyone that is only a fan of one specific genre. I "only listen to metal" or I "only listen to classic rock". That's just fucking ignorant.
No, it isn't. If you only like one genre, then you only like one genre. You shouldn't be forced to listen to other genres if you don't like it. And you can't make yourself like something.

You're ignorant.

That said, people who say that all other music but theirs sucks are stupid. Or people that are too afraid to branch out and at least try other music before dissing it. I also hate when people say that metal is "noise" or "devil music."
Quote by epy
you sound like the type of person who follows the herd, if you know what i mean.

Man, I've been out of High School forever and I'm just making an observation of how things were like and still are. Kids do what's popular. Kids listen to what's popular. There are Classic Rock elitists, Hardcore kids, Punk rockers, Hip Hoppers, etc.

It's pretty basic really.

Following the herd? Shit man, who knows? We all do.
Poor advice.
I can't stand maggots and juggalos, mainly because i cant stand slipknot and icp, but also because fans of those groups are usually total dicks.
kill 'em a lot
Quote by stayalive#55
no I said that wrong, it's music, but if the only reason you listen to it is personal acceptance, it doesn't stay music, it becomes almost cult-like. If that made anysense to you, you sir are a genius

Are you basically saying people who only like a band for their image and not their music? If so, i'm with you.
Quote by stellar_legs
Man, I've been out of High School forever and I'm just making an observation of how things were like and still are. Kids do what's popular. Kids listen to what's popular. There are Classic Rock elitists, Hardcore kids, Punk rockers, Hip Hoppers, etc.

It's pretty basic really.

Following the herd? Shit man, who knows? We all do.

what about the blues man? I'm the only kid that knows who buddy guy is at my skool
Quote by stellar_legs
Ugh.

It may be my parents generation but I love it because that is what I grew up listing to... I'm not going to say it is the best, but when you compare it to a lot of rock out now it does seem better to me... Then again I don't always follow what is popular. I.E. my whole geekness...
A guitar is your personality expressed through 6 strings.
Quote by stellar_legs
That's not the way she worded it.

I stand by my statement.

I wrote....

"the "one song" fans, you know the kids that wear Zeppelin shirts but only listen to Stairway, or the AC/DC fans that own Back In Black."

Do enlighten us with what you managed to get with that.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468

it's true
I hate a7x fans.

This one mall goth chick in my class claims that shes in love with zack and that hes the only one that has a chance on her. Shes in 9th grade. How retarded is that ?
Quote by Stop Messin'
I wrote....

"the "one song" fans, you know the kids that wear Zeppelin shirts but only listen to Stairway, or the AC/DC fans that own Back In Black."

Do enlighten us with what you managed to get with that.

I thought you said fans that have only listened to Stairway or Back in Black, to which I thought, "How is that possible, when almost every Zeppelin and Ac/Dc song is regurgitated almost every where you go?"

Are you talking about kids who choose to only listen to Stairway and Back in Black?
Poor advice.

That's kinda of the point buddy, kids only listen to Stairway so when they here Rock and Roll on a commercial they dont know they're hearing it. That's why when I see kids in like 8th grade wearing Zeppelin shirts and I say "Have you seen the bridge?" they dont get it.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals