Does anyone have a schematic for a tube preamp that would be fairly easy to find parts or cheap as a kit? (My tube amp idea went down the drains because of the large price) If there would be a kit for a pre that would really be great too. If not, anyone have any other ideas for my industrial arts project, cause im ****ed if I don't come up with something soon.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
Make a OD pedal, way cheaper and easier. I HIGHLY doubt that you have the experience and skill in electronics to make a tube mic pre.
Actually I just googled this:

http://diyparadise.com/simplepreamp.html

It looks easy but there is still some info missing (mostly because half the urls wont work) and I would gladly do a OD pedal but Im in no need of one, it would just sit in the corner where a tube pre I could use in alot of places
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
It has a schematic for a simple tube preamp. What more do you need?
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
Does anyone have a link to the mctube?
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

Quote by gallagher2006

Thats about me
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
^-Yea try the real mctube. Runs off 12v with no transformers. The link above needs a power transformer.

Er, it actually does need a power transformer. Two, in fact.
Build a simple champ style preamp with a toroidal transformer like the E-H pedals use. Works good.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.