Page 1 of 2
Ok, so I'm a 14 year old boy at a school in North Yorkshire. As well as guitar and keyboard, I also play the flute. But before I stopped getting time wasting lessons at school other kids used to mock me. I was 13 at the time. But is this wrong? is there anything bad about playin the flute? be honest, please.
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
No, they're just assholes.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
No there just immature, keep it up. Since you're in high school you'll be getting band pussy in no time.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
Last edited by Anything Goes at Feb 23, 2007,
Ha ha, yes if you're a guy.

Just kidding man, some of the best flute players in the world are men.
They're just being normal 13 year olds. We made fun of a boy who played flute at my school.
He turned out to be a pretty cool kid.
They'll keep at it no matter what, just don't let it get to you.
Hell, I played the oboe... that's not too far away from a flute.

In a few years, no one will care.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
IMO, nothing at all; the flute can be awesome. tony iommi played one on the paranoid album, there are recorders (close enough) at the start of stairway to heaven, and then there's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59ZX5qdIEB0.

the flute is a great instrument. i'm learning clarinet on the side for the jazz side of it. you're doing the right thing by learning lots of instruments.
Quote by Anything Goes
No there just immature, keep it up. When you get in high school you'll be getting band pussy in no time.

Dude, im alredi in high school. hence my age.

But thanx every one
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
No....

Idiot kids.

"Guitar is the only c00l insturment!"

The more insturments you know how to play the better.They are your tools for making music.

Thats as dumb as making fun of a handyman for using anything other than a screwdriver.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
You should keep that up. All the hottest girls in my school band do flute and clarinet. It almost makes me wish I had done one of those instead of percussion.... Not to mention I would probably be better at reading music too. Damn me and my lack of foresight.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by South-of-Heaven
Dude, im alredi in high school. hence my age.

But thanx every one

I think you changed something...

<_<

>_>

Sorry about that, but wow high school, and they are making fun of you because of that? Wow they are really stupid.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Flute > Guitar.

I wish I could play flute.

o_O Look, that's just not cool.
i'd respect anyone that could play the flute solos in My God, or Songs From the Wood by Jethro Tull
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer
playing a different instrument is good it really pisses me off when everyone thinks that guitar is the only good instrument in the world. i mean i play guitar but if i could go back in ime i would gladly start playing something else knowing how many people would begin guitar a year or so.
Quote by KurrptSenate
i'd respect anyone that could play the flute solos in My God, or Songs From the Wood by Jethro Tull

Yeah, flute is awesome.
There is not one instrument that I would turn down the chance to learn... Anyone who makes fun of you for playing one is jealous... Or just ignorant. Either way, they lose, you win.
Quote by 94 hours

Quote by dumps
i dont really know what is good so maybe you guys could give me some suggestions of a good practice amp with some a effects between 70 and 100pound. cheers

your buying an amp based on weight??
The beatboxing flute player on youtube is freaking amazing. He plays mario brothers, inspector gadget, seseme' street.I'd love to play all instruments if I could. I admire anyone that plays several instruments. So just stick with it man, don't buy into their crap.
Quote by Partyboy2k05
The beatboxing flute player on youtube is freaking amazing. He plays mario brothers, inspector gadget, seseme' street.I'd love to play all instruments if I could. I admire anyone that plays several instruments. So just stick with it man, don't buy into their crap.

I love that guy!
I know how you feel, man... except my instrument was the trumpet. I gave up because of all the bullying I got about it. I regret that now so, so much. You stick with it, they're being immature little arse wipes with nothing better to do than try and put down someone with a talent.

If they keep ripping it out of you, rape them in the ear with your flute.
jethro tull had a flute. so, **** those kids
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by Bubban
No, they're just assholes.

What he said.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
as long as it aint no skin flute your good
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Flute?! Zomg what are you thinking?

Nah, it's cool. It's a cool instrument to learn... I tried it before but I nearly died trying (and failed music class) but... If you're good at it, stick with it, and even if you're not, if you like it stick with it anyway.
-Teh Pat

Quote by BringMeTheCalm
One time I picked into my nuts. It hurt and needless to say it really ruined my song.
Clarinet > Flute

But still, screw them, just 'coz they can't.
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
Beatboxing Flute Guy= w00tage (Or something like that)

Seriously, the flute is an amazing instrument, it was what got me into music in the first place. When I've been on here a few months I could make an "introduced to guitar via woodwind" clan... Muchos kudos.
play as many things as you can, as young as you can, as long as you can!
Bono: "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

Audience member: "Well, f*cking stop it then!"
All you gotta do is bust out some Ron Burgundy style Jazz Flute, and it'll put those clowns in their place.
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
Dude, just look at Jethro Tull. Ian anderson is a great flute player and it fits with their music. they shouldn't be laughing
The people who laugh at you are just pathetic and immature...stick at it and who knows you may become famous and kiss all their asses if you enjoy playing it then stick at it who cares what other people think its your life.
SmokeyAmp is amazing

'I'm not a chef but are pancakes supposed to smoke?'
Mostly girls play the flute at my school. I take jabs at playing flute sometimes. But they're only jokes. I really wish I could play the flute.

AQUALUNG FTW.
hell no dude flute is great....i started at recorder.....then went onto clarinet about 7/8 years ago......euphonium about 5 years ago (and trombone but i gave that up cos the lessons were crap and so was the state of the instrument...and i was told i could get guitar if i stopped trombone hehe).....i only started guitar about 7/8 months ago

stick with it....they are probably jelous cos they have no musical talent what so ever
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by South-of-Heaven
Ok, so I'm a 14 year old boy at a school in North Yorkshire. As well as guitar and keyboard, I also play the flute. But before I stopped getting time wasting lessons at school other kids used to mock me. I was 13 at the time. But is this wrong? is there anything bad about playin the flute? be honest, please.

there's nothing wrong with playing the flute, but there is something wrong when you're yelling "UREH UREH UREH" all over Youtube....

^hahahaha (to Doolittle)

Learning unconventional instruments is cool, it definitely makes you more desirable as a musician. Guitarists are a dime a dozen, flautists no...

My best friend used to play flute for a school band... no one made fun of him.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Dude! Forget those shitheads. Trust me, You'll be laughing @ them in a few years. The kind of a kids of do that usually end up nowhere! They only care about the current, not the future. They are the lowest form of modern humans!

Keep playing man. The flute can sound absolutly beautiful. It can make chicks drop their pants really quick to. ( in the right setting )

Yeah, I hate that shit too. I went through it in highschool as well. Funny thing is, that almost everyone of those jock/party hard type kids arent in college and or failed out of college because life is a joke and a party to them. Now I'm sure they work @ burger king to make enough money to only sit in their house and get drunk by themselves.
Page 1 of 2