I am using an Agile AL-3000 les paul style guitar through a Fender Princeton 65 amp. I will soon be getting a strat as well.

The distortion on the Princeton 65 is absolutely horrible for anything - I can't even get a light blues tone out of it. When turned on it just muddy's the entire sound into this disgusting mixture of crap. (for lack of a better description)

So I am looking for a distortion pedal to remedy this problem. I've looked at stuff like the Big Muff pi, DS-2 and other Boss pedals. The Big Muff I don't think will work because it's not versatile enough, you can only get that trademark Big Muff sound. The DS-2 half the people say its great and the other half say its crap so I really don't know what to expect. I really don't know jack about what pedals people are using for distortion and what the popular ones are so that's why I am here.

I want something versatile enough to get an AC/DC type tone all the way through to a lighter blues crunch. I play mostly classic rock like Hendrix, Cream and Zeppelin but at the same time on occasion I like to get a heavier AC/DC or even some Guns n' Roses out of it. So obviously I'm not looking for the death-metal-sacrificial-extremo pedal hear, but I don't want to be limited to lighter stuff.

Hopefully that was descriptive enough. Thanks for your time.
Agile AL-3000
Peavey Classic 50
I think you're looking for an overdrive pedal, not distortion. The TubeScreamer is very popular and sounds awesome. The Bad Monkey if you want something less expensive. Boss has a few overdrive pedals, but I've not heard much about them (nor played any). Maxon has a Tubescreamer-esq overdrive that some people prefer.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
If your Fender Princeton is that same as my Fender Princeton, and has all the different built in effects and stuff, then I highly suggest getting a new amp. Those amps are absolutely horrid. If you're looking for a good, smooth distortion/overdrive, then look into some lower wattage tube amps. The sound will be much more pure than the sound from an overdrive/distortion on the Fender SS's.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
If your Fender Princeton is that same as my Fender Princeton, and has all the different built in effects and stuff, then I highly suggest getting a new amp.

Mines one of the older ones that doesn't have all the built in effects, only reverb. Either way I know it isn't the greatest amp I just don't have the cash to spend on a new one so I have to make do with what I've got.

Thanks for all the pedal suggestions everyone I am going to check them all out and get back to you on it. Who knows maybe I'll have an amp lined up instead.
Agile AL-3000
Peavey Classic 50
Quote by Rapishorrid
Mines one of the older ones that doesn't have all the built in effects, only reverb. Either way I know it isn't the greatest amp I just don't have the cash to spend on a new one so I have to make do with what I've got.

Thanks for all the pedal suggestions everyone I am going to check them all out and get back to you on it. Who knows maybe I'll have an amp lined up instead.

Oooh. Okay

I'm pretty sure mine sounds so bad because I cranked it to 10 when it was all I had for band practice. but we'll just say it was always like that
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Well I've looked at all the pedals and out of them I'd have to say the Bluesbreaker is my favorite. I just love the tone of it, mainly because I love the tone of the actual bluesbreaker amp itself.

So if I were to get a pedal it would probably be that one.

Now as far as amps go I don't know what to look for. I keep finding amps I like, but of course they are $2000 or something. Knowing what kind of music I play and that I love the tone of the 1962 bluesbreaker combo, what amps could I be looking at for at reasonable price?

thanks for all the help so far! If the amps turn out to be too expensive for what I want I'll just go for the pedal and make a compromise
Agile AL-3000
Peavey Classic 50
tech 21 sansamp gt-2 is what you need..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots