is it possible to do this even if it wasnt built into it stock? ive heard that they give great tone and im assuming that the the guitar rarely gets out of tune, correct?
An Epi without a tune-o-matic? WTF :\

Yes you can do it, might have to drill some holes.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Stop Messin'
An Epi without a tune-o-matic? WTF :\

yeah eh, what lp do you have?
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
i have a 2001-2002 epi les paul standard... they come with tune-o-matics? i dunno what they look like. i do know that when i take the strings off, the the bridge bar or whatever u call em comes off.
I think you mean a tone-pros bridge, which I know nothing about but I think it'll clear things up for us.
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
okay, cool, yes, i do have a tune-o-matic bridge with a stopbar... im such an idiot, ha. anyways, all my strings sound right when i tune them but for some reason, the low E string never sounds right when i play a power chord... when i play chords using other strings, it sounds right but not with the low E string. yes, i know how to tune guitars... think it might be a intonation problem?
yeah it most likly could be ,but make sure your not slightly bending the string doing the bar chord
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
how does one fix a intonation problem? adjust the piece on the tune-o-matic or is there something wrong with the fretboard?