Who remembers the NES and SNES hotline, and who has called it???

I remember calling it for super mario on SNES. the one level where instead of going through the normal goal thing at the end of the level, you have to fly underneath it and keep flying and there will be more goals. i think that level was near the forest somewhere. if it weren't for that help line i think i would have gone crazy.

off subject, but who remembers the movie "the wizard" where the little kid goes to a big NES tournament in california. the one dude uses the "power glove".
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
The wizard sucked, and I see calling the hotline like cheating, you should have figured it out yourself.
New Demos (Oct. 11)

Dropoutoflifewithbonginhand
followthesmoke
towardtherifffilledland

Gear:
Vantage Mystery model Electric Guitar
Peavy TNT 115 Mid 80's model USA
Russian Big Muff
Ibanez 5 string
I REMEMBER THAT LEVEL! I found that by accident. I played it a couple years ago and beat it in like probly a total of 12 hours
Nerdo-sez-bo wrote:

Bon Jovi can just **** off really.

Life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liquor store, 40 oz to Freedom
Ah, the powerglove. Damn, that thing sucked.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by any14doomsday
The wizard sucked, and I see calling the hotline like cheating, you should have figured it out yourself.

They are the ones that cheated for making that level!!! I spent hours trying to beat just that one level, i was everywhere trying to beat it. i never thought of flying under the goal, i tried flying over it but it just made you finish the level and then restart it from the beginning.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Quote by PlayTheMetal
They are the ones that cheated for making that level!!! I spent hours trying to beat just that one level, i was everywhere trying to beat it. i never thought of flying under the goal, i tried flying over it but it just made you finish the level and then restart it from the beginning.

if i remember right, there were big fat-off arrows pointing underneath the goal, it was quite obvious really :p
then again, i had to call about one of the haunnted mansions, the one with the big green floating things always ****ed with me
I learned my lesson with the Nintendo hotline. There were about $80 worth of long distance calls of on the phone bill. I was 11 and didn't know a thing about "long distance" charges. They never really helped much.
It's so crazy in here you're gonna wish it wasn't so crazy in here!

1995 PRS CE
Fender 50s Classic Player strat
Johnson Millenium 150
Boss GT-6
Why the hell would anyone be stupid enough to call up a game helpline?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
First time I ever tried to get that secret goal it probably took me 10 minutes max.

I know where every secret in that game is though....and it's not like I played it nonstop for a year. I just really dont find that game that hard....fun as hell though.

Does anyone besides me feel a little disappointed that it's so easy to beat Bowser in the end. I'd prefer a bit more of a challenge.
psh i didnt need the hotline when i had game genie (game shark for SNES back in the day)
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by lukephillips000
if i remember right, there were big fat-off arrows pointing underneath the goal, it was quite obvious really :p
then again, i had to call about one of the haunnted mansions, the one with the big green floating things always ****ed with me

guess i didn't see the arrows lol. but i didn't have too much trouble with that haunted mansion.

bowser was pretty easy once you get to the castle. I almost wish they didn't make the whole star road thing. i mean i'm all for secrets, but that makes it way too easy to beat the game.

overall the game is excellent though. a lot of thought put into it and tons of secrets.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Quote by C.C. Deville
psh i didnt need the hotline when i had game genie (game shark for SNES back in the day)

I had that for the nes. I always hid it so my brother wouldn't use it to cheat on mario 3.
I have come to the conclusion that 90% of the people in the world know most of the secrets in Mario-world thats whats so beautiful about it, its a game for every man. I can go to a friend house and everyone who's their will yell, take that pipe, or dude get the yoshi, or hit the P-switch...

Beauty in simplicity.
New Demos (Oct. 11)

Dropoutoflifewithbonginhand
followthesmoke
towardtherifffilledland

Gear:
Vantage Mystery model Electric Guitar
Peavy TNT 115 Mid 80's model USA
Russian Big Muff
Ibanez 5 string
Super NES was teh sex.

I still own my copy of Super Mario RPG. Best RPG ever (non-serious RPGs)

It had humor, romance, intrigue, etc.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.