Page 1 of 3
S+L Champions Belt

Welcome to the S+L Champions Belt thread.

This exciting, new challenge for S+L members is inviting you to reach new heights in this forum!

How does it work?

To start with, the winner of last season (The Hurt Within) will start as the Champions Belt holder. Any opponent can then challenge him to a fight- if THW retains his belt, he gets +1 points. If the challenger wins, he gets +2 for beating the belt holder and then gets the belt. You can retain the belt for 5 matches before it must be retired, and handed to the highest ranking competitor. However, you must use a different piece each time- this means you cannot use your best piece time and time again.

- If a title holder looses the belt then they cannot re-play the victor, they must wait until the belt changes hands before trying to re-capture the belt.

- It also needs to be mentioned that in the event of a Belt holder retaining his title 5 times, and the Belt has to be resigned, it shall go to the current highest placed user in the points tier (they are the most worthy).
In conjunction to this, if the current highest points holder has challenged and been defeated by the Belt holder they cannot receive the belt. In that situation it will be gifted to 2nd place in the points tier, and so-on if necessary. The highest scoring user can then challenge for the belt again, since it has changed hands.

- Also Challenges cannot be made in advance, as one match finishes the first person to the challenge the victor is the next in line.

In all, you can gain 7 points from this. If you beat the holder of the belt, you get +2 points, and if you win all 5 of your matches against challengers you can gain another +5.

Interested? Then start entering comps and playing 1 vs 1s until you have the status to challenge for this legendary title of S+L Champion!

July 4 2007 - Champions Belt Holder-

Confusius
Challengers Defeated:0
He Beat: Silence Evolves 6-5
First Challenger: ????

Silence Evolves
Challengers Defeated: 4
He Beat: The Hurt Within 6-4
First Challenger: Grovermans (Won 8-6; Defends title)
Second Challenger: *Truly Ninja* (Drew 3-3; Defends title)
Third Challenger: Bassbeat77 (Won 4-3; Defends title)
Fourth Challenger: Jammydude44 (Won 6-5; Defends title)
Fifth Challenger: Confusius (Lost 5-6; Looses title)

Previous Holders:
The Hurt Within (2 Fights Won, S.III/S.IV]
Silence Evolves (4 Fights Won, S.IV)

4/7 Steve
Last edited by The Hurt Within at Jul 4, 2007,
Since you're in the lower tier you cant Matt.

Anyone else wanna challenge?
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
Okay, it might have to wait until SIV though. Means if you beat me you'd get a 2pt headstart . That is If Europe win the USA vs. Europe comp.
Challengers wanted for new belt holder- Silence Evolves.

You MUST be in the top tier of the points table to challenge- anyone will do, if you're in that top tier you deserve a chance for the belt.

You must wait 5 matches until you can challenge again if you played THW.
^ Jamie I thought about that, but how about you can't re-challenge if you were defeated, but can challenge the new holder, even if it was under 5 matches? Do you like that?
Quote by The Hurt Within
^ Jamie I thought about that, but how about you can't re-challenge if you were defeated, but can challenge the new holder, even if it was under 5 matches? Do you like that?

Sounds swell. Thogh order of challenges now go (because mine and bassbeats 1vs1 still has a few days):

something_Vague
Bassbeat
The Hurt Within.

No one else challenge till they have been played, pwiddy pwease.

Matt, send a piece to Corey, he should put up the poll.
well according to the new rules in place, unless corey looses in either of his two matches, I can't replay him to get my belt back. So best take me off the list. And perhaps its not a good idea to stack up the challengers...it would make a more strategic competition were the challengers to choose who they feel best suited to beating. So I guess have only one person challenge at any one time too?
Yes. Ignore my previous post

I have no idea who Corey is going to fight first, I'm so confused now... I think Matt?
Seeing as Matt is not in the top tier right now, how about Kyle you challenge Corey for this? to get this thing moving again...
Someone bloodywell challenge Corey...I can't and I want it back!! Damn it!
Woooo!! Kyle you might wanna PM Corey asking him to provide a piece, he cannot turn down a challenge. That would probably be the quickest way.
I think we should overturn that rule. Anyone can challenge, and it's another way for them to scrape out of the lower tier. ?
Okay then.

Mike get on the table.

Steve I'm about to go offline if you wish to edit the first post in the tread to fit this rule, that'll be cool.

Yeah I'll face you, but you have to wait a little bit because I want to write something new first. I don't really like using old poems for these things.
You have to be challenged. But you can arrange it with Evan outside of UG, or via PM if you wish.
i'll jump in line here... if Trig can't go after Truly Ninja then i will... and if he can, then i'll go after him..... if thats alright.
Quote by Jammydude44
Mike you need to be at least on the table boy

Well first steve says you should scratch the rule that you have to be on the top tier. Now your telling me i have to be on the table. so what if i lose a few points and get into the lower tier i can face him? You guys are making this competition forum too hard to even get into. I would be on the board but its your rules that stops that,even though i versed someone everyone knows is better then me. Now your stopping me from vsing se because of the whole "itll be too easy" are you trying to tell me i dont least stand a chance against him? Seriously whatever, im done with the competitions forum then. Everyones already been in a one vs one and gotten points. So i cant challenge anyone decent and i cant challenge anyone in the lower tier. I dont know who to challenge... I give up.
Quote by The Hurt Within
I think we should overturn that rule. Anyone can challenge, and it's another way for them to scrape out of the lower tier. ?

... ANYONE?

he says you dont have to be in the high tier

you say i have to be on the board (basically saying i have to be in lower tier OR higher tier) but right in the middle... nope cant do that.
Page 1 of 3