Right i know this is the wrong forum but its annoying when nobody replies so its going here. Theres an open mic night at one of the local bars around here in next week. its an acoustic night and i plan on going up and playing a few songs. Anyone recommend some good songs to play, the bar will be filled with all sorts of people but i plan on playing some stuff like Rolling stones - angie, Pink Floyd - wish you were here, Stairway to heaven of course. I need some sugestion of songs that will blow the crowd away...........any suggestions are appreciated. Remember though - its an acoustic night so no Megadeath or Slipknot or whatever!!!
Quote by Gbell3587
Right i know this is the wrong forum but its annoying when nobody replies so its going here. Theres an open mic night at one of the local bars around here in next week. its an acoustic night and i plan on going up and playing a few songs. Anyone recommend some good songs to play, the bar will be filled with all sorts of people but i plan on playing some stuff like Rolling stones - angie, Pink Floyd - wish you were here, Stairway to heaven of course. I need some sugestion of songs that will blow the crowd away...........any suggestions are appreciated. Remember though - its an acoustic night so no Megadeth or Slipknot or whatever!!!

Fixed.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
What did you fix?
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Dylan is usually a good choice at a bar.

And if anyone tells you, "OMGZZZZ cover a metallica song acoustic!!!1!!1" -- they should die.
If you go for popular stuff
Wonderwall
LOTS of Beatles songs
Eric Clapton, Layla or Tears In Heaven.
CCR
Quote by walkinbazooka
Fixed.

you didn't change anything
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
Quote by Rankles
What did you fix?

Megadeth.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Here is a suggestion.Play some songs that not ever other person does.Don't do the typical set.Thats boaring and nobody will remember you.Make it unique to you.Not just the expected Stairway to heaven and stuff.Thats too expected.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
I wouldn't do "stairway"......it's really cliche.

Why don't you write your own acoustic piece, or play something you've already written.

Then again, your set, not mine.

EDIT: kornflipsk8er, dude, that's the second time your thinking the exact same thing as me, first with the "classic rock" thread by sillyrabbit, and now this.
Nikolas
Quote by ROCK=ZEPPELIN
I wouldn't do "stairway"......it's really cliche.

Why don't you write your own acoustic piece, or play something you've already written.

Then again, your set, not mine.

EDIT: kornflipsk8er, dude, that's the second time your thinking the exact same thing as me, first with the "classic rock" thread by sillyrabbit, and now this.

I guess we are the smart ones then!

I'm slowly becoming a pit monkey........
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Thank you, thank you.

*bows a deep bow*
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by walkinbazooka
Thank you, thank you.

*bows a deep bow*

You didn't think of changing the dozen or so other spelling and grammar errors?
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Rankles
You didn't think of changing the dozen or so other spelling and grammar errors?

Haha no I'd rather correct the misspelling of a band that I dislike.
Quote by shattamakar

Do an acoustic version of "Young Turks" by Rod Stewart. Not taking taking the piss, that song is amazing and I doubt anyone else will do it.
Samba Pa Ti, perhaps? I know it's meant for electric, but an acoustic version could work.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
Don't Stop Believin from Journey would be a consideration if you could play it. But you may have to try to get the piano in the beginning transcribed.
Have you ever went to put on a pair of underwear, but there weren't any, so you started runnin around the house flailin your arms while nude?