Hey I started this band about like 2 months ago, about. Do you think knowing 4 covers and having no originals is good or bad for 2 months with practice once a week.
We have an unfinished original which we'll probally finish next practice.
The reason we havent started writing is because I know i could write us like 4 songs in a month. But I refuse to write everything. I'm the only one that really has writing experience. So it'll be a little slow at first. So do you think thats good for 2 months. And do you think i'm right for refusing to have to write everything?
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

i think so, ur entitles to ur opinion and some people might say u suck, but it should be good. specially once a week...how many people in ur band?
It's not too bad if you can play those songs well.
And as for writing, if you're the only one who cna write you can basically choose what you want the band to sound like.
But if you want them to write, write your parts (guitar, bass, lyrics, whatever) and then paly them at a band practice, let the others jam along, and then if it sounds good, make it into a whole song
My band has hit about that mark, well okay about 3 in 3 months but none the less lol. Hats off to you guys your doing well. I think our problem is that we joke around to much lol ah well its all for fun right hehe

Keep at it. Originals are always fun to do, though I agree with you you shouldn't have to write everything, Jamming is your best bet though I should think
. But Meh whatever, I never heard you guys before

On that note I'm always open to new music so if you record send some stuff my way.
you're coming along ok, especially for a first band. i would take another look at how much you write though... what if you wrote them some general ideas and had them fill in their own parts? Maybe that would get things going... the way I usually do it is I just start playing whatever the last riff i came up with was, and we start jamming on it, each making up our own parts.
Well my first band had 1 and a half cover in 4-5 months, and no originals. So yeah, its good. Yeah, we sucked ass. Thank Perun that my first band no longer exists.
thanks, i'm not worried anymore haha Now we have 5 covers, and i finished writing an original and i'll show it to them tomorrow. And my bassist had some issues with writing stuff but i sat him down and showed him the basic jist of how to write over a guitar part and i gave him some sites to improve. And yeah, my rhythym guitarist wrote a pretty sick riff, he came over we started a song with that. And tomorrow were learning another song we started last week.

So after tomorrow we should have 6 covers and 1 original! And btw were a 4 person band, I'm lead guitar/vocals, then rhthym guitar, bass, and drums.

After tomorrow this is our cover list
Pink Floyd-wish you were here
Toad- In the middle
STP- Plush
Dispatch-flying horses
Lynyrd Skynrd- Free Bird
Rhcp- Otherside
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!