im going to see bob weir and ratdog on friday, but i dont know much of his work. however, i am a big dead fan, and i was wondering for those that have seen ratdog, does he play alot of grateful dead songs, or mostly his solo stuff? thanks. and sorry if this is the wrong forum, im usually in the ska/punk forum.
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

he played quite a bit of dead stuff whenever i've seen him, but he's really a dick, so i won't go to his shows anymore (making us pay for live dead shows,i don't think jerry would be happy about that!)
I'm sure he would play a lot of Dead, but also a mix of some of his solo stuff (which are also some Dead songs).

I don't imagine him being much of a dick, either; please explain, cefasnacht.
Last edited by TheHeartbreaker at Feb 24, 2007,
^^you know, a lot of stuff that I thought was originally Dead material was from his solo albums. A bunch of songs from Weir and Garcia's solo stuff was played by the Dead. I guess you learn something new everyday

EDIT: well, his solo album Ace was pretty much a Grateful Dead album, I mean, everyone from the Dead played on it...

Bob Weir - Lead Vocals, Electric and Acoustic Guitars
Jerry Garcia - Lead Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar on "Looks Like Rain", Backup Vocals on "Greatest Story Ever Told"
Phil Lesh - Bass Guitar, Backup Vocals on "Mexicali Blues"
Bill Kreutzmann - Drums, Percussion
Keith Godchaux - Piano, Organ
Donna Jean Godchaux - Backup Vocals on "Greatest Story Ever Told", "Walk In The Sunshine", "Playing In The Band", and "Cassidy".

and for the threadstarter, here are a few of his recent show setlists:
2007-02-18
2007-02-17
2007-02-16
2007-02-13
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by BrainDamage
^^you know, a lot of stuff that I thought was originally Dead material was from his solo albums. A bunch of songs from Weir and Garcia's solo stuff was played by the Dead. I guess you learn something new everyday

EDIT: well, his solo album Ace was pretty much a Grateful Dead album, I mean, everyone from the Dead played on it...

Bob Weir - Lead Vocals, Electric and Acoustic Guitars
Jerry Garcia - Lead Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar on "Looks Like Rain", Backup Vocals on "Greatest Story Ever Told"
Phil Lesh - Bass Guitar, Backup Vocals on "Mexicali Blues"
Bill Kreutzmann - Drums, Percussion
Keith Godchaux - Piano, Organ
Donna Jean Godchaux - Backup Vocals on "Greatest Story Ever Told", "Walk In The Sunshine", "Playing In The Band", and "Cassidy".

and for the threadstarter, here are a few of his recent show setlists:
2007-02-18
2007-02-17
2007-02-16
2007-02-13

Damn, i was hoping he'd be playing Youngbloods at his recent shows, hopefully he'll play it when is see him.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
As for the being a dick comment, it has been believed that lately, since the Dead broke up, hes been kind of a jerk. He doesn't get along with the other band members, he believes that the shows should have to be payed for now, and hes also been known to have a drinking or drug problem, and shows have been cancelled due to him passing out on the stage and not being able to play. I think he just took Jerry's death really hard, and its starting to hit him harder in the last 7 years or so. So...yeah. But, I don't know what hes like lately, so, he might have smartened up a bit, so, the show would be great, I imagine.
Well, I am, but, I just find that theres a lack of decent threads for me to reply to. I still come online on most days, just to check on things if nothing else.