whats the best way to get a electronic sound from my bass for bands like klaxons and the gossip, would i need a pedal or could i just change the settings on my amp/bass
You're definitely going to need a pedal to assist with getting that sound. Maybe a phaser, or a multi-effects pedal?
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Quote by Pysmone
You're definitely going to need a pedal to assist with getting that sound. Maybe a phaser, or a multi-effects pedal?

could you recommend one, what do you thing of the behringer pedals?
Quote by ashlew
could you recommend one, what do you thing of the behringer pedals?

I've got a Behringer hellbaby wah thats a great wah. I prefer it to Dunlops, and its only $30, and works for bass or guitar with its adjustable frequency range. That doesn't really help you much, i'd just got for a bass digitech multi-fx pedal personally.
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Get a line 6 lowdown and use the synth setting. If you dont want the whole amp, i beleave its in the floor pod.
Quote by andyd93
You sir, are correct.
Quote by parker_muse
Get a line 6 lowdown and use the synth setting. If you dont want the whole amp, i beleave its in the floor pod.

Couldn't he just get a synth pedal instead of a pod or a new amp?
You will definitely need a synth pedal, i think that's what the klaxons use, he may use distortion too.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
You can get a mock electronic sound if you turn your treble up and pluck over the 20th fret or somewhere up the neck and scrape the strings across the frets while you play. It's really weird but you might like it.
Ring Modulator Pedal by Murf.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
Quote by parker_muse
But that synth setting is UNBILEAVEABLE.

do u have one? i have a hard time getting a good sound out of mine
I think its pretty simple to get a good setting. It really comes down to what sounds good for you and what you play though.
Quote by andyd93
You sir, are correct.
You'll probobly want a compresser pedal for a more mechanical/electrical sound.
Bass is my life.