I've been looking around at guitars and some people say that ESPs are way better than gibsons. But why are ESPS only around 700 dollers and gibsons range from 1000-2000.

Could someone explain this?
I find that Gibson has more tone and more beef, but ESP has a very different edge. It's a matter og what YOU like the most.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Jesus Christ, here we go.

READ

ESPs cost around 1600 OR MORE. LTDs are about 700. The good ones anyway.

Personally, I'd take the LTD, but that's because I just don't like Gibson.

But do as Muppet says and try them both, and get the one you like better.
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
Okay well whats the difference between LTD and ESP because on the ESP website a lot of them are LTD.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
Okay well whats the difference between LTD and ESP because on the ESP website a lot of them are LTD.

Much better quality and majority of them are built in custom shops in Japan.
omg, not again...
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Okay, let me save you a bit o' money if you are going to get that one. Just try to find an ESP M-II since it is the same thing, just different inlays and no signature and a lot cheaper.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
In before "Gibson sucks ass, their QC sucks, get ESP, get Jackson, get Ibanez"
^Seriously.

These 'GIBSONS VS ESP's' threads have to stop. Not to offend the TS, but i'm talking about overall discussion....been talked about too many times.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
ESPs are handmade (super/ultra high/best quality)

LTDs roll off a factory ( stilly pretty good quality)

alot of ESP handmade cost about the same as a gibson that rolled off a factory in general gibsons have a more "country/boogie" sound to it and ESPs are more modern or harder tone but they do make boogie sounding guitars if that is what you are into

PERSONALLY i choose ESP(ltd) over gibson(epiphone) because of the necks, the sound, the hardware is rock solid and thier paintjobs.
(ESP are known to have paintjobs that just dont want to elave the guitar no badder how hard youre belt-buckle trys to rip them off at least my 2 do)

one thing i am tired of hearing from people who just randomly bash ESPs and never even played on one is: "esp just copies other companies shapes" THERE IS ONLY SO MANY WAYS YOU CAN CUT/SHAPE A GUITAR OMG!!!!!

PERSONALLY i love ESPs
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Gibson's MIA man....American labor doesnt cost as much as Japanese labor...even if it is with luthiers of the highest quality...besides, you're paying for the brand name and other bullshit I dont want to be arsed to say right now...since I'm too lazy.