My little brother got this assignment from school, where he has to write about a song that uses symbolism (in the lyrics). Hes got me stumped... Anybody know of any songs? Preferably not metal, alternative would be great.
Thanks in advance.
Quote by Tehzekester
1. Find a hot chick's myspace.
2. Get lotion.
3. Look at pr0nz.
4. ???
5. PROFIT!

Quote by Sid McCall
so I said: "those aren't the couch cushions, those are my testicles!"

Add Me
Milkshake. You know, my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard..

I'll give you a hint: booobs.
Quote by karlh07
Milkshake. You know, my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard..

I'll give you a hint: booobs.

That second one's for your sig.
haha hes in 10th grade huh??? i had to do the same thing dude it can be almost any song!
"I can't live my life alwayz worried about what if....
cuz what if i die tomorrow and i never even lived!"
The Love Song - Marilyn Manson.

Told from two perspectives: the gun and the bullet. The gun represents the father and the bullet, the son. There is also mention of a "pistol," who represents the girl that the "bullet" wants.

Done, methinks. And not very metal by any standards.
Quote by ShizNick
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.

^That's how you do it, kids!
Member #3 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club. PM Revelations to join!

I write, apparently!
it's hard to suggest something that we can expect you to have heard. give us a couple of bands to work with
The song Heaven by Warrant is talkin bout seeing some chick or something, not literolly heaven. I guess it'd work
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
American Pie-Don McClean. You could do a novel on it...Look it up on Wikipedia they should tell you what it means.
SPACE FOR RENT
Quote by coffeeguy9
Decipher "The Wall" in your own terms. g'luck.

Oh yeah thats a good one.

+3
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
Monster - The Automatic. Alternative-ish?

Hint: It's about drugs.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Stairway to heaven? It could be intrepted as drugs...Or satanic...You know if you're stupid enough to believe in that kind of thing.
Master of Puppets - Metallica

I think it's about the power drugs have on addicts lives.
667 The neighbor of the beast

Yamaha APX-8S
Stairway to Heaven?

Every Pink Floyd song ever?
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Quote by chickenwing1

Yeah but the line 'chop your breakfast on a mirror' isn't exactly cryptic now is it?
Quote by chickenwing1

Well not specifically drugs, but anything that is controlling something/someone

/smartass
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
Quote by Mr Chainsaw
Monkey gone to heaven - Pixies

yep
i had to write a poem with a bunch of words written on pieces of paper and we got a blank piece, so my friend goes and writes "penis" on there. not to mention we had words like hard, long, etc. etc. So we ended writting all about horse penis and just penis in general, course the teacher was angry so i'm said that there were tons of symbolism in it like this one line "Long horse Penis makes me hard" i said horse penis represented America and the long represented like evil and bad things, and i said that "making me hard" represented pleasure (duh) but i said that line was basically saying America's youth doing rotten things gives us pleasure and i went into a big spiel on how the penis in the poem always represented America and how the econoy was not doing great and how the youth is evil and how we're all corrupt and if the teacher couldn't see this symbolism he should consider quitting. just thought i'd share, and keep in mind you can basically say anything you want and anything could represent something, you just gotta think deeper into it

song suggestion -All Tomorrow's Parties by The Velvet Underground

Quote by coffeeguy9
Decipher "The Wall" in your own terms. g'luck.

Good call.