Page 1 of 2
So yea I have two overly old fashioned parents. Like most great metal/rock stars, I want to grow my hair out, but yea that's "not appropriate". They've never let me get past a pre-mullet type thing. Any ideas on how to get them to let me grow my freakin' hair out?
Shave your head, wear a tracksuit, drink White Lightning and hang around outside kebab shops spitting at small children. They'll soon realise that short hair ain't always so good neither.
Just let it grow! wear a beanie in the meantime...that's what i've been doing since like september. How old are u anyway? 12?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by bluewilliams
Shave your head, wear a tracksuit, drink White Lightning and hang around outside kebab shops spitting at small children. They'll soon realise that short hair ain't always so good neither.

what the hell is a kebab?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
just ignore them and grow it. what are they gonna do tie you up and drag you to a hairdressers
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by C.C. Deville

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kebab
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by C.C. Deville

i love your avatar. really.
Just strap on a pair and tell them that you're old enough to choose how long you want your ****ing hair.
Stop associating image with music.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by C.C. Deville

Basically crappy meat. Usually consumed after too many alcoholic beverages.
Uhh...Yea. They've done something close to that before actually. Basically threatened to sell my guitar and shave my head if I didn't go...And yea I'm such a ****in' good little boy that I went ahead and got a haircut. It's pretty shaggy right now but I'm talkin' 80's James Hetfield long or Dave Mustaine long.
And who said I was associating image with music? Metallica still kicked ass after they cut their hair, but let's be honest most good metal stars have long hair. And it looks cool.
Quote by gibson_lover_ga
And who said I was associating image with music? Metallica still kicked ass after they cut their hair, but let's be honest most good metal stars have long hair. And it looks cool.

You said you wanted to grow your hair like many great rockstars before you, thus trying to imitate them through long hair.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by skater dan0
just ignore them and grow it. what are they gonna do tie you up and drag you to a hairdressers

yes =( happened once... if i refuse to get a haircut they ground me and take away my guitar =(
EDIT: hehe my avatar IS awesome...
my parents shaved my head when i got in trouble.....tell them that as long as you dont get in any trouble you should be able to have it as long as you want then everyone will know your a good kid and and even if u look like a "bad kid" it wont matter......but ya, hair doesnt make music better? and guys with hair past their shoulders tend to be faggots unless theyre rockstars....but still a lot of rockstars today have somewhat short hair.
my mom always says something like "it makes u look trashy" or something along those lines
My mom goes with...It makes you look like a pothead. And you know frankly I don't care, it looks good. And yea exaclty I don't like many rockstars today...Not heavy enough, or too much random screaming without enough poetic lyrical sense. Metallica is awesome in both those respects (and they all had long hair when they kicked the most ass [Kill em' all to Black Album] so yea, I guess you can say I'm "imitating them"...But I don't really see it like that.
^ BOOBIES IN A ROW!!!!!!!

Anyway, just cut it, you don't need to have long hair to be awesome, I mean look at Slash, he had a killer top hat, Eric Clapton had funny glasses, Hendrix dressed like a hippie, the list is endless.
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
Quote by JC13
tell them Jesus had long hair. and Was he bad?

Actually...
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Slash had long black curly hair, Slash is my fave. guitarist ever though. But yea the Jesus thing would get me ass-raped...We're a very Christian family (I bet you could tell by my cussing and occasional sexual references though huh...?).
Jus wear a hat. All I do.

Wearing a hat or a beanie makes ur hair look shorter than it really is, then once u take it off, bam, long hair.

I was kinda pissed that im forced to get hair cuts too, so i talked to my dad bout it.

Jus act VERY upset, and say that hair shows ur true character, and if u dont have ur hair how you want it, it gives off a false image on people.

Well try n make it not as faggy as i just did.
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
I've tried the fake image thing. It seems like my parents encourage fake imagery. Like yea my hair is just shaggy and I have the longest hair in my grade. Welcome to Canyon, Texas. It's pitiful, everyone else that plays guitar here sucks as well...Unless you consider being able to play smoke on the water on one string guitar-god worthy...****in' preps. Everywhere.
^

edit: to 7dayskeptic
in the thread on how to make a girl uncomfortable:

Quote by Angels Fighter
i saw this in another thread but it would work

Blow your load in your hand and slap the girl in the face while yelling "spiderman"

^
Quote by C.C. Deville

:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O

imagain, pissed after a night down the pub, and you need to eat. what do you pick??

=

(Invalid img)

the food of kings.....
.My Rig.

Ibanez GAX75
Laney LV300T
Behringer UD100 ULTRA DISTORTION [lol]
Dano Octave Metal
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by JC13
tell them Jesus had long hair. and Was he bad?

dangit you beat me to it. +1

WWJD
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Quote by Bubban

hahahaha

That made my night!

Man, that's great. Makes it all the sweeter that the kid's name is Billy Joe.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Tell them your ears are cold... XD

Meh, just "get sick" everytime you're scheduled to get your hair cut. Wear hats as often as possible so your parents can't keep track of the length.
UGHC Member
Quote by Magero
You're my whore....I'm Defy's...it's a chain dude...you just happen to be at the bottom of it...unless theres an ear-wig or someting you wanna make your bitch.

Quote by Vittu0666
You rock.
tell them youll fix your hair that worked for me aa few weeks back. Besides my dad had long hair before in his metallica listening "phase"
Page 1 of 2