Page 1 of 3
so why? It's 100 percent meat...its the flesh and stuff of a living moving breathing thing?? What do you guys think?
Because when you kill it, it doesn't feel pain.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

I've never heard someone not call fish a meat.
Quote by dennmetal
RB cam RB speaks truth.
I dunno... its a TYPE of meat to me. But some people just think fish has its own category...
Quote by pumpkins_rule
Because when you kill it, it doesn't feel pain.

People with congenital insensitivity to pain don't feel pain either. If I kill one of them and eat them, am I not eating meat?
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
^Well I'm just saying the reason a lot of vegetarians eat fish is because they know it didn't suffer.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

If you're referring to why some "vegetarians" eat fish, it's better for you, not having so much pesticides etc. in it.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by pumpkins_rule
^Well I'm just saying the reason a lot of vegetarians eat fish is because they know it didn't suffer.

how would anyone know what a fish feels.....they dont?????
How does it not suffer? you shove a hook in its throat and yank on it until it flys out of the water but er..I dunno
Quote by GiantRaven
Because it's from the sea so it matters less!

I guess you could say it weighs less importance
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Some vegetarians will eat fish because it's "killed humanely".

Personally, I think this has more shit than a bull's large intestine, *shrug*.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

I could go for some fish right now actually...

However, I dont know of anyone that calls it not a meat. Thats just stupid.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
I've always thought that too!
How many brothas fell victim to the streets?

Rest in peace young nigga, there's a heaven for a G.
Vegetarians will eat it partially due to the fact it was in the wild before being killed, and didn't suffer, so it's alright with their moral standards.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
who cares? as long as it's fried and served with hot sauce...
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
Fish lose their memory every three seconds (or at least goldfish do) so I guess if you lost your memory every three seconds pain would come and go. So maybe that's why.
in my junior school they had fish fingers as the vegetarian choice
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
i hate sea food

but i love meat.......0_o
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
people are vegetarians to different degrees and also for different reasons. Some vegetarians wont eat anything with eyes, some wont eat "meat" because of health reasons, some for dieting, and some for religious purposes. then theres vegans......which makes about as much sense as emo
Quote by JamieB

man, they are stupid. Most fish are caught in massive ass nets and they die from the fact they suffocate out of water. Should they last long enough they'll get a massive knife shoved in them to gut them in one slice. Now, I duno about you but having a knife take out all my innards in one swoop would be somewhat painful.

If its caught by a fisherman with a rod then it gets hit on the head with a pole, or the good old fashioned deer antler until the bugger dies. There is however a way to sever there neck but it only works on trout(well i know how to do it to them but nothing else)

PSN ID: ArranP
vergetarians should die.unless their a hot girl willing to have sex with me.then i respect them.

fish is a meat.get over it.

rawr.
I'd just like to say (offtopic) that the boobs avatar, lovely as it is, seems to be taking over UG. Please stop this, I'm getting blisters all over my hand.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Vegetarians will eat it partially due to the fact it was in the wild before being killed, and didn't suffer, so it's alright with their moral standards.

But alot of fish is raised in farms .`
Quote by FrenchyFungus
If you're referring to why some "vegetarians" eat fish, it's better for you, not having so much pesticides etc. in it.

Fish are becoming incredibly toxic due to the bioconcentration of heavy metals.

Why would a cow have pesticides all over it anyway?

And to the guy who said fish only have memories of 3 seconds, not only has that been proven wrong, but your reasoning is f'd. They'd still feel constant pain, but they would forget why.
thread starter; are you referring to how Catholics (all Christians?) are not supposed to eat meat on fridays, but they are allowed to eat fish?
Quote by fosho
how....did you find that wiki article?
youre a weird one tjdjr09

It's most likely because of lent and other catholic/christian events where meat is prohibited on fridays but fish is permitted. Also yes they're grown on farms.

EDIT: Yes, fish indeed is a known source of the toxic mercury but if you have fish once a week it seriously shouldn't even be a concern.
Quote by pokescab
Fish are becoming incredibly toxic due to the bioconcentration of heavy metals.

Why would a cow have pesticides all over it anyway?

And to the guy who said fish only have memories of 3 seconds, not only has that been proven wrong, but your reasoning is f'd. They'd still feel constant pain, but they would forget why.

Farmer add pesticide to ground. Barley take pesticide from ground. Cow eat barley.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Don't try seeing things from a veggieheads point of view (although I doubt most of yall could get your heads that far up your asses anyways). They honestly don't know the difference. I blame the lack of B12 in their diet.

Fish is meat. They suffer just like any other animal. Welcome to nature.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

People are ignorant considering fish meat. Fish was killed, it lived, therefore it's meat.
Quote by applesaucebacon
vergetarians should die.unless their a hot girl willing to have sex with me.then i respect them.

fish is a meat.get over it.

rawr.

I love you too, assholish person i've never met

Quote by AK Guitarist
Don't try seeing things from a veggieheads point of view (although I doubt most of yall could get your heads that far up your asses anyways). They honestly don't know the difference. I blame the lack of B12 in their diet.

Yeah, I have my head so far up my ass simply because I don't eat meat

What a load of crap
Quote by GiantRaven
I love you too, assholish person i've never met

Yeah, I have my head so far up my ass simply because I don't eat meat

What a load of crap

You're right. It's meat-eaters who have their heads up their ass. Cannibals.
Quote by pumpkins_rule

except you arent a vegetarian if you eat fish...
Quote by tjdjr09
thread starter; are you referring to how Catholics (all Christians?) are not supposed to eat meat on fridays, but they are allowed to eat fish?

thats not what i was reffering too but it is a question ive wanted answered for a long time. not one religios person i know can tell me why either.
Quote by JamieB

fish has a lot of protein in it, thats why vegetarians eat it
Page 1 of 3