Hey, my mom's insisting I get a Dell. I saw what she was offering and I must say, it's a really good deal. For $1200 I get 2 gigs of ram, a e6400 dual core, a 22" widescreen monitor, 2 dvd burner drives, wireless keyboard/mouse, and a 250gb hd. (I also get windows vista in the mail with a free gig of RAM). I did the math, and if I were to build a comp with all that, I'd end up at about the same price.

I'm going for the integrated graphics now, and I'll buy a good gpu later. What I was wondering is if I get this dell, will I be able to upgrade the PSU to support the graphics card? I'm pretty sure the stock psu wont be able to handle something like an 8800. The model of the dell is the E520, btw.
well, I don't much, but I do know that you can't upgrade your customer service with them. Seriously, dell sucks so much for customer service, so you better hope it's not a lemon.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
uh? can't the dellcomputers support a graphicscard via the PCI/AGP ports like all other computers?

I'm probably missing something
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Sid McCall
well, I don't much, but I do know that you can't upgrade your customer service with them. Seriously, dell sucks so much for customer service, so you better hope it's not a lemon.

I'm on a dell right now that I've had for about 5 years. I can't say its that bad. A little out dated and the cooling sucks, but I don't have a lot of problems with it.
I think the holes in a Dell motherboard are different so you can only use Dell motherboards with Dell cases, or something like that. Bear this is mind if you were thinking of ever doing a serious upgrade.
Quote by super_duper
I'm on a dell right now that I've had for about 5 years. I can't say its that bad. A little out dated and the cooling sucks, but I don't have a lot of problems with it.

im currently running a Dell Dimension 2400 and its 3 years old and gets wam at times but it works well

ive added a new sound card for recording and a DVD reader for the new games and all that keep coming out with DVDs...
Last edited by moody07747 at Feb 24, 2007,
Realize though that an 8800 will take up quite a bit of space, and considering how small dell cases are, even if the card fits, it will have difficulties cooling as efficiently compared to it being in a full-atx case. Just build a comp.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by lespaulrocks39
Realize though that an 8800 will take up quite a bit of space, and considering how small dell cases are, even if the card fits, it will have difficulties cooling as efficiently compared to it being in a full-atx case. Just build a comp.

Ya, I think ima do that. I realize building a comp would be a better investment since whenever it gets out-dated, I could just upgrade, unlike with a dell where I have to buy a new comp every time.

Plus, look at this sexy case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811103010
Dell are a brand considered cheap and budget by many people, however, it really depends on what type model you get from them. At the lower end you can get Inspirons, which are intended to be small scale budget while at the upper end you get Latitudes which are considered for professional use and exceed way of £1200. Currently, I just bought a Dell Latitude D620 advanced and it has 2 GB RAM, 300GB Hard Disk Drive Memory running at a clock speed of 72000 @ 2Ghz. It has a DVD burner, up to 9 hours long (on a laptop, mind) with Nvidia Quadro graphics. I use it for law school and it really does own a lot of other models around.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by GoodNite_AmyLee at Feb 24, 2007,
Despite what people are saying threadstarter you could really pwn some n00bs with that set up.
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
I think the holes in a Dell motherboard are different so you can only use Dell motherboards with Dell cases, or something like that. Bear this is mind if you were thinking of ever doing a serious upgrade.

Dell doesnt make their parts at all..just stick their name all over them and sell again...
---------
Just make your own, you can build a great computer, better than a dell for the same price..if not, less
Quote by super_duper
Ya, I think ima do that. I realize building a comp would be a better investment since whenever it gets out-dated, I could just upgrade, unlike with a dell where I have to buy a new comp every time.

Plus, look at this sexy case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811103010

lol that would be so noisy but looks sweet

I actually prefer this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129154

im a simple computer case type person and only want it to work well and stay quiet..
I'm running a Dell Dimension 4550, DVD Drive is fried, but I've had it for about...4 years now, its served it's purpose, and on the contrary, Dell has always been there for Customer Support whenever I need it, and they're pretty helpful, I've been pretty happy with what I got.
Quote by Sid McCall

Yeah, I had to wait for like 2 hours for a reply. And the guy on the other end had a really bad accent, so I couldn't really understand anything.
Quote by Jackolas
Despite what people are saying threadstarter you could really pwn some n00bs with that set up.

Why the hell would anyone want to pawn by having the latest pc? It's just childish, your better off sticking to the pc you have and save the money unless your pc's ****ed and your have to go on pc for work issues etc.
Make your own for £300 with medium spec parts. It'll play all the latest games :P
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
I have a dell and I've had it for about 2 years now. I've upgraded my Video Card without problems, but you'll have to check if you PSU can handle it, since your card is integrated. Plus you might not have the connectors.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by moody07747

im a simple computer case type person and only want it to work well and stay quiet..

that's what i look for in teh ladeez, why does everyone hate dell so much (well usually) btw
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)