Will someone please tell me what the differences are? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I'm to tired to explain the theory but let me put it like this...

Major sounds happy and Minor sounds sad
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
The usually quoted difference is that in a standard major scale there is a 'major third interval' whereas in a minor scale there's a 'minor third interval'. The minor third interval is a semi-tone closer to the root note than the major third interval.

Edit: tried to put it simply... not quite clear but meh
Also, you should look up relative minor and majors to see how the scales are alike.

Quote by wikipedia
One way of remembering the steps in the natural minor scale is to start on the 6th degree of the relative major scale. In that way, one does not have to remember the new set of steps "W,H,W,W,H,W,W," but rather just the familiar major scale steps with a different starting point. For example, A is the 6th scale note of the C major scale, so the A natural minor scale is just the C major scale starting on the 6th scale note.

The C major scale is C D E F G A B C, so the A natural minor scale is A B C D E F G A (A is the 6th scale note of the C major scale)
Im going to assume that you are talking about major and minor chords here...

A major chord has the intervals of your root (1), your major third (3), and your perfect fifth (5). Now the numbers mean the degrees of the scale. So if we were in the key of C for example, you would have your C as the root, then move up 2 notes, which brings you to a E. That would be your third. From the E, move up another 2 notes, which would be G. Now you have the notes C, E, and G, which are the 1, 3, and 5th of the scale.

With a minor chord, its exactly the same, except it has a flatted 3rd (b3). So the intervals would be 1, b3, and 5. Now take that same C note, and move up 2 notes, then you get the E. Now flat that E, turning it into Eb. Move up 2 notes from the E, which gives you a G. So now you have C, Eb, and G, which are the 1, b3, and 5 of the scale.

I hope that all made sense here. If not ask again for specific parts.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help