Laney LV300H and the Laney LX120H heads, a) which one's better and why? b) are they decent heads or should I look elsewhere? They're not very expensive.
Look at a Laney GH50L, it's not very expensive either (in the grand scheme of things), and Paul Gilbert AND Mikael Akerfeldt use its bigger brother, the GH100L.

Having said that, I have yet to try it. I'm going to try it this week, though.

And aren't Laneys fairly expensive in the US/Canada?
Quote by ShizNick
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.

^That's how you do it, kids!
Member #3 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club. PM Revelations to join!

I write, apparently!
I thought they were but I looked at the site of the music store around here and apparently they just got some laneys and they've got them around $350-450 for the ones i was talking about, I just noticed out of luck
edit: checked the price on the GH50L and its over double the price of the other 2, about $975 for the head.
Quote by Necronomicon
I thought they were but I looked at the site of the music store around here and apparently they just got some laneys and they've got them around $350-450 for the ones i was talking about, I just noticed out of luck
edit: checked the price on the GH50L and its over double the price of the other 2, about $975 for the head.

Oh right sorry, there's less of a price difference here. Try them out, I suppose.
Quote by ShizNick
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.

^That's how you do it, kids!
Member #3 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club. PM Revelations to join!

I write, apparently!
I have a laney gh50l.... loud, mean, agressive for metal and it also cleans up well. Though depending on your drive settings you might have a problem changing from dirtys to cleans quickly as it's only a single channel. For the price there isnt many (if any) better. Most owners on this forum and racer x's forum love them (although the latter is obvious reasons why.)
2005 Ibanez RG1570
1998 Ibanez RG7620
1998 Mesa 2 Ch. Dual Rec
Last edited by 1570-Shred at Feb 24, 2007,
I've got one and it's great :-) It's versatile...VERY versatile, i can do lots of stuff with it. Perhaps a distortion pedal will give you that last edge of gain to it, but that's coming from someone who loves his metal hehe. It's honestly a good option the LV300h. It's not kickproof, but its not trying to protect itself from being kicked in frustration because it's wank. Honestly, it's a great choice