I can't read sheet music, and I want to have great tabs. And I thought I saw something on it, but is there really authentic tab books? If there is, can some one send me a link? thanks
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
You can buy tab books at any guitar shop. Well, any I've been to. Usually they're not as accurate as the tabs on here, though. At least, the ones I own aren't. Download Powertab, it's sexy.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Click on the 'Guitar Tabs' link that should be at the top left hand of this page while you're reading this.

There are thousands of tabs and are all free. Much cheaper than buying guitar tab books.

You will work out what tabs are accurate or not as you learn and begin to play them.
Fender Stratocaster x 2
Ibanez JS1000BTB
Zakk Wylde Les Paul
Epiphone Flying V
'Texas' Les Paul
Ibanez Artcore Jazz
Fender strat copies x 3
Aria Pro II
Classical guitars x 2
Aria steel string acoustic

Marshall, Crate, Fender amps
I highly reccomend you learn how to read sheet music if you want to advance at writing music and playing it. However, I use tabs for guitar because it makes more sense and is easier to sight read. But I would suggest you get Guitar Pro or Powetab. They are programs which they play the tabs so you can play along with the music, as well as right your own.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
actually id say the tabs in the tab books are WAY more accurate than some of the ones here...
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Hal Leonard tab books have tabs AND sheet music so that's something to think about. They include the notes for the vocals as well, and sometimes even bass. I recommend them, most acurate books I've ever seen too.
Quote by lanzaa
actually id say the tabs in the tab books are WAY more accurate than some of the ones here...

Not always, most Power Tab tabs are dead on, the only thing I don't like about Power Tabs is that they don't have any drums. I have found a lot of tab books with mistakes, just go with tabs, such as Power Tabs, on here or http://www.powertabs.net . The website to download is http://www.power-tab.net and yes, it is free.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
I highly doubt mass produced tab books have mistakes. Most of the time the bands make them.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
I highly doubt mass produced tab books have mistakes. Most of the time the bands make them.

Really? I saw someone ask a question about how to play an Avenged Sevenfold tab from their tab book and Gates said something like "Actually, I have no idea, I don't write tabs for books"... something along those lines...

hmm... this gives me ideas... UG should produce sheet music and sell it!!! Imagine how much better UG would be with all the money!
^ Actually, most of the time not. The company gets people to tab it out. True, some may be from the artists themselves, but most you will find may have some mistakes in it.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!