Hey, i'm playing a MIM Strat with hot rails. Right now i'm playing through a Spider II and I want to get rid of this god awful thing. Now my budget is around 550, and I'm looking at the Valveking. I play a lot of rock, I tend to stay away from metal, or anything that has ridiculously high gain. So whats a good recommendation?
Gear
Custom Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic
VK 112
Epi VJ
EHX Holy Grail
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Modded Tubescreamer TS7 -> TS-808
Strat Knockoff
A VJ and a good OD pedal might be what you are looking for, and if you are feeling ambitious you can mod it rather easily. The valveking would be good choice, too, but also consider laney amps. The price is USD, right.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Crate makes a good 30w tube for around your price range. Has a nice blues sound but cranks to a classic rock.
Blues Junior, Crate Palmino, Epiphone VJ, used peavey classic 30 and the VK are worth looking out. try em out if u can and come back.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
how is the hot rails in the strat? ive always wondered how those sound. does it sound like a humbucker, or is it just a hot rodded single coil?
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Yes USD And I've got a Tubescreamer pedal.
As for the hot rails I love what they sound like. No hum yet it picks up so good. Tapping is really a breeze, you barely have to touch the strings to get the sound.
Gear
Custom Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic
VK 112
Epi VJ
EHX Holy Grail
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Strat Knockoff
>_>

<_<

I'll be the first....get a b-52 combo.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I've actually tried a B-52 and didn't see what all the fuss was about.
Gear
Custom Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic
VK 112
Epi VJ
EHX Holy Grail
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Strat Knockoff
Quote by Flyingwhitey182
I've actually tried a B-52 and didn't see what all the fuss was about.

Well, I own one. I'm not saying it's the best amp ever, because its not. It's a great amp with lovely tone for the price, though. Much more so than similar competitors such as the Valveking. Great choice of amp, will suit you well for most anything.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
The B-52 ain't supposed to be the best amp out there...Did you even crank it? It's just a good tube amp sugestion considering the price.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
YEs i dont expect it to be the holy grail. I realize the price doesn't mean state of the art, just saying it ain't my bag.
Gear
Custom Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic
VK 112
Epi VJ
EHX Holy Grail
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Strat Knockoff
Quote by voxdude26
how is the hot rails in the strat? ive always wondered how those sound. does it sound like a humbucker, or is it just a hot rodded single coil?

My friend has one, and it sounds like a hot rodded single coil, kinda of in between a humbucker and a single coil.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
don't forget to look used, check pawn shops and ebay, but make sure you play one before you buy it

Marshalls JCM's are good for most types of rock, you should be able to find a used one for around that price
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.