i have been trying to learn the persian scale in G on allguitarchords.com and i got this

Scale - Persian
1,b2,3,4,b5,b6,7

what does this mean??? the picture above it makes it even more confusing. I am used to seeing either the tabbed scale or just the notes in the scale. Can somebody tell me how you read this?

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php?qqq=FULL&scch=G&scchnam=Persian&get2=Get

heres the link
The "1,b2,3,4,b5,b6,7" compares the scale to the major scale. So if you want G Persian, you take a G major scale, G A B C D E F#, and flatten the second note, flatten the fifth note, and flatten the sixth note. You will end up with G Ab B C Db Eb F#.

The diagram shows you where you can play notes in the G Persian scale. It is a visual representation of the fretboard.

They have, however, mislabeled notes as G# and C#. In a seven-tone Western scale, each letter can only appear once. This is clearly violated by the fact that they have C and C# (instead of Db) in the same scale. Yes, I know C# and Db sound exactly the same, but it must be called Db in this scale.
Last edited by bangoodcharlote at Feb 23, 2007,