crawling in the dark by hoobastank, i know the intro uses a delay and something else. it's between a phaser, flanger, or chorus. which do you think it is? got a gig comming up soon and want to use that sound for a song.
word to your mother
You really don't have to use a delay because it muddies the intro horribly if you aren't careful, but a reverb and a slight chorus works great.
Sounds a little like a flanger or a phaser.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
great song, i am also looking for that sound
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
greendayguitar is right. on my v-amp 2 it's either phaser+chorus or flanger+chorus1. they sound pretty close to eachother but there's still that subtle difference that you can still notice.
word to your mother
Last edited by realitysux at Feb 23, 2007,
Well, the most updated info I can find is from 2005, but his pedalboard has the following...

MXR eq
MXR Flanger
Univibe
Phase 90
Small Stone (or, if you must, bassballs)
Tuner
Crybaby Bass Wah
Line 6 mod
Line 6 Delay.

So with the Line6 Mod and Delay modelers, there's really no telling what effect it is. To me, sounds like a very light chorus or flanger and a very light phaser. I know way back in the day he relied heavily on a flanger and chorus combination. I don't know if you can find it, but a long time ago there was a bootleg floating around of a few of their concerts (a few years before the "Hoobastank" record, when their name was actually spelled Hoobustank...they had just dumped their saxaphone player). You can hear this effect all over that show, it was used on just about every song.