Firstly, the music in this video (played by Pat Metheny) is absolutely beautiful, but the guitar is absolutely insane...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEq02XUxVOw&eurl=

There's a bit about the guitar here.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Yeah ive seen that guitar its a 42 string, the guitar is crazy. id have a little trouble learning how to play that thing.
Quote by that1l)ude
Yeah ive seen that guitar its a 42 string, the guitar is crazy. id have a little trouble learning how to play that thing.

I can't even play a 6-string properly. I should've started with bass, it's only got four.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
That's the coolest thing I've see all day. I bet someone somewhere builds those, lol of course they do.
Get off my lawn.
Last edited by HawkaLuigi at Feb 23, 2007,
Quote by HawkaLuigi
That's the coolest thing I've see all day. I bet someone somewhere builds those.

Considering the thing was built by someone, somewhere... I'd agree.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
reminds me of those 1800-early 1900 double neck guitar/harps but with a lot more strings
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
There are more of these kind of things over at www.oddmusic.com. Some people have some crazy ideas.

Apparently this pikasso guitar has 1000lbs of pressure from the 42 strings though, so I doubt many people have ever attempted to make one.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I wanna have it!! what's the name of the song btw?
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Feb 24, 2007,
It's called 'into the dream'.

RateYourMusic
That's the weirdest guitar ever.

I seriously thought he was plucking into nothing
Sent from my iPad.
seen pics of the guitar a few times but never seen it played, awesome
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)