Please help me Im new to cabinets and everything and im wondering... does a (say) 15 watt head mean its as loud as a 15 watt or does the volume depend on the cabinet
umm...... the volume will depend on the wattage of the head basically (although some heads at the same wattage are louder than others), but if you have a shitty cabinet or a head that is too powerfull then your cabinet won't be as loud as your head could be....
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
15 watts is 15 watts no matter what cab you play through. Extra speakers will give you a bit more volume b/c they are essentially pushing more air, but running it through a 4-12 cab isn't gonna make it as loud as a 100 watt tube amp.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by PlayTheMetal
umm...... the volume will depend on the wattage of the head basically (although some heads at the same wattage are louder than others), but if you have a shitty cabinet or a head that is too powerfull then your cabinet won't be as loud as your head could be....
so basically your saying make sure the cabinet can handle the head?
^Yes. If you're head is to powerful for the cab, then you may end up damaging something...
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...