Right after Christmas break, Rubik's cubes suddenly became really popular at my school. Kids race each other in the halls all the time, even during class. It's interruptive enough to make some of the teachers grimace at the very sight of a cube. There's at least ten of us in my high school (out of about eighty ) who can solve them now, and it's really becoming infectious.

Has anyone on UG noticed Rubik's cubes gaining popularity?
The people at my school are too stupid to even know what a rubik's cube is.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
dude i noticed it too.

They think they're smarter than everyone else, but in reality, they just found out how to solve it on the internet.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
anyone caught dead with a rubix cube in my school is officially a 'nerd'
Yes....it's like tazos (or otherwise known as pogs) or pokemon cards...

EDIT: Yeah, people need new hobbies.
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
Last edited by TheGuitarDreams at Feb 23, 2007,
Yeah there's one kid at my school who can solve one. We play games at my school. That gives me an idea...
seriously, I think those things are flippin' impossible. I was at my nanas once, and I was watching FOXTEL and playin around with a rubix cube, and i sucked. couldnt even get one line of colours. On that note, who here has actually solved one of those things? with all the colours and everything
Quote by ratmblink123
They think they're smarter than everyone else, but in reality, they just found out how to solve it on the internet.

Actually, I figured my method out by myself (except for the last step, lol).

EDIT: ^I can. My best time is 1:44. There's a freshman at our school who can solve one in just under a minute.
I see a couple people messing with them in my school, but not enough to become a 'trend'.
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
I can solve one in three minutes, but then again, my uber-nerd brother tought me how
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
There's 6 or 7 kids in my AP classes that have been playing with them a ton over the past few months, but nothing really big.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

ummmm, your schools gay. yeah.
Nerdo-sez-bo wrote:

Bon Jovi can just **** off really.

Life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liquor store, 40 oz to Freedom
Quote by Quintessence153
Actually, I figured my method out by myself (except for the last step, lol).

EDIT: ^I can. My best time is 1:44. There's a freshman at our school who can solve one in just under a minute.

This kid in my Math class can do it in 35 secs.

And he's a freshman.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
all the sudden at my school theres a bunch of kids with them too.

i like to switch 2 stickers in them so they cant be solved
They say good things come in small packages. You know what else comes in small packages? Unrelenting pain and horror.
I'm defiantly buying a Rubiks cube now. *My friend in 4th grade had a naked chick cube. He never solved in though. the funny thing was, is he got it from a trucker stop.

Last time I checked truckers aren't intellectually advanced. Hence why they're truckers. Why would you wave it in their face.

"Ohhh, wanna' see a naked chick?"
"Yeah."
"Here's a scrambled cube with her picture on it, good luck."
Quote by eltravo
all the sudden at my school theres a bunch of kids with them too.

i like to switch 2 stickers in them so they cant be solved

That would make me SO mad!

That sounds like something my friends would do...
Quote by ROCK.ON
anyone caught dead with a rubix cube in my school is officially a 'nerd'

Why? Because they're doing something intellectual instead of tipping over cows?

I had one, I dunno where it went...
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
i solved one once...i just moved all the same colour stickers to one side.....my mate thought i was so great and he spent the next 6 months trying to do one.....and no one at my school would have a rubik cube because if they did everyone one in the school would kick them
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

I thought that was only at my school! But it died down after about a week.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Ive always almost wanted to know how to solve them - but never tried aha.

However, my friends aunt took a course on it in University and she can solve them in about 30 seconds O.o