Page 1 of 2
excuse my ignorance but who is zakk wylde?

and i think your a **** for starghting a thread just to flame a guitarist (I've picked that much up)
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by eldanny

and i think your a **** for starghting a thread just to flame a guitarist (I've picked that much up)

hey dont get your panties in a bundle im just seeing if anyone agrees with me
Quote by dogfet04@yahoo.
hey dont get your panties in a bundle im just seeing if anyone agrees with me

when you find out if people agree with you, then what are you gonna do?

he doesn't suck, but he's not great either
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Overrated, Yes. Suck? No. He's good, but not particularly special. It's that goatee he has that gets him all the fans. All the kids who's balls haven't dropped yet look up to him because he can grow facial hair.
Quote by dogfet04@yahoo.
who thinks zakk wylde sucks and is highly overatted cuz i do

He was influenced by hendrix, who in your words is god, so that just says alot about what you think! And I may not love he's music but damn that man can played blues like a mofo!!
Quote by eldanny

dude, go straight to a music store and ask them. you need to be slapped.

*note enragement*
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
Quote by False_God
He was influenced by hendrix, who in your words is god, so that just says alot about what you think!

I try to play with some hendrix overtones, but I'm not great.
dogfet04, you have got to be one of the shittiest noobs I've ever seen. 'Grats.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by alreadygone
I hate him for being a total sellout and especially for endorsing marshall MG series amps

you...STFU, you have no right to say that, he's ****ing Zakk Wylde. he's doing better than you are, he plays better than you do, and he's not on some forum board being a **** loser who never made it.

ZAKK PWNS J00!!!!!!!!!!11
Quote by Eric 666
you...STFU, you have no right to say that, he's ****ing Zakk Wylde, he's doing better than you are, he plays better than you do, and he's not on some forum board being a ****.

ZAKK PWNS J00!!!!!!!!!!11

You ever used a Marshall MG? Sounds like ass.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by Bubban

not just ass.... Ass cheese!!!!
Quote by Bubban

yes I have....and you know what? Zakk can do whatever the **** he wants, why? because he's Zakk Wylde.
He's an overrated sellout. Just like Dime Bag. (You know DB is... he has his face on more things than any other musician today.)
Quote by Eric 666
yes I have....and you know what? Zakk can do whatever the **** he wants, why? because he's Zakk Wylde.

That's a stupid reason. So if he were to break into your house and rape your father, right in front of you, your eyelids taped open and your hands tied behind your back, you would be okay with it because he's Zakk Wylde?
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Ok, this is my honest opinion on him and others selling out.

If you were a musician and Marshall come to you offering millions of dollers etc would you not take it? I doubt it. Because you know after you finnish up with music you could easily start losing money so you'll want as much as possible.. If I was put in he's position I would take every deal under the sun!!
Quote by False_God

If you were a musician and Marshall come to you offering millions of dollers etc would you not take it? I doubt it. Because you know after you finnish up with music you could easily start losing money so you'll want as much as possible.. If I was put in he's position I would take every deal under the sun!!

But the MG? The overdrive IS crushing, but for all the wrong reasons.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by x/taluha
isnt he off of the ****ing family channel? god he is overrated

WTF?
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by False_God

If you were a musician and Marshall come to you offering millions of dollers etc would you not take it? I doubt it.

A. I highly doubt he gets more than like 10k per photoshoot.

B. You can't turn more than 5-8 pages in guitar world without seeing his face using "the latest and greatest" pedal, amp, guitar etc. he IS a sell out. I agree he IS good, but its not all about money.
Zakk Wylde > You
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
He's an overrated sellout. Just like Dime Bag. (You know DB is... he has his face on more things than any other musician today.)

DUDE, LETS SEE YOU PLAY WITH THAT MUCH STYLE AND CLEANLINESS!!! DIMEBAG GOT REALLY BIG AFTER HIS DEATH ON DEC 8 2004, BY A FAG NAMED NATHAN GALE. DONT YOU EVER INSULT DIMEBAG BY CALLING HIM A SELLOUT!!!!! HE CANT HELP WHAT DEAN DID AFTER HIS DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135
GHS Strings
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
Just like Dime Bag. (You know DB is... he has his face on more things than any other musician today.)

Well you're a moron.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by Bubban
dogfet04, you have got to be one of the shittiest noobs I've ever seen. 'Grats.

i agree

i dont think he's overrated also im curious who do you think is a good guitarist if you think zakk wylde sucks
Quote by christianbassis
DUDE, LETS SEE YOU PLAY WITH THAT MUCH STYLE AND CLEANLINESS!!! DIMEBAG GOT REALLY BIG AFTER HIS DEATH ON DEC 8 2004, BY A FAG NAMED NATHAN GALE. DONT YOU EVER INSULT DIMEBAG BY CALLING HIM A SELLOUT!!!!! HE CANT HELP WHAT DEAN DID AFTER HIS DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by eldanny

An insecure cunt with a record deal and lack of musical skills.
Quote by False_God

yeah but if I was already endorsing so much stuff, just for the sake of my dignity I'd say NO to the MG series because they're total pieces of shit and I wouldn't want my name associated with them.

I really hate him since I saw this clip that was posted in the G&A forum, where he said something along the lines of "If its got Marshall written on, you just can't go wrong cause its good." Riiiiiight Zakk.
I dont think he's bad, overated, maybe. Its for sure he's a hell of alot better on guitar then me, so Im not going to fuss about it.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by Vagine Regime
An insecure cunt with a record deal and lack of musical skills.

Compare yourself to him...
Maybe some of you need to read a little bio on Zakk to find out that he actually took classical lessons much like a lot of great rock guitar players. He also was the only one picked by ozzy out of hundreds who came in to audition for the opening. For those of you who thinks he lacks musical skills, you need to look on youtube for the live versions of "machinegun man" and "as dead as yesterday."
Quote by kpasa01

He also was the only one picked by ozzy out of hundreds who came in to audition for the opening.

Ozzy played no part in picking him. When he was auditioning after Jake E Lee, he listened to a single tape (ironically, this was Zakk's) and couldn't give a toss, so he passed the tapes onto other people to listen to.

He is completely over-rated. I said this a while ago and somone moaned at me saying I knew nothing about his playing, so I looked at it more closely. He still sucks. His drinking has seriously affected his playing nowadays. When he first started for Ozzy, yeah, he was pretty good, but now he's a fat old man with an inflated ego and no talent. Wow, he can shred pentatonics and can write boring Drop C riffs! Go him. Listen to Paul Gilbert for some real pentatonic shredding, and leave this sellout to his wah-soaked sloppy crap.
He is a good guitarist, yes, but nothing special. And is HIGHLY overated.
This day of reckoning will be unavenged, glory of wrathful inignation.
I deny god and all religion. Turn up the whites of their eyes... Dechristianize
Page 1 of 2