Ive been playing guitar on a budget for about 3 years. an extreme budget (< 300 bucks). no professional instruction or anything. i previously had an older fender strat, probably 5 or six years old. well it fell over and broke in two pieces! i was really suprised at this, but anyway on to the point. Ive got about 800 bucks to spend on just a guitar, preferably an electric six string. Its kind of been a life long dream of mine to own a black w/ chrome hardware gibson lp custom. but like i said i only got 800 bucks, and would like to get something new. ive been looking at the epiphone lp customs, r they any good? if not any suggestions? oh yeah and im an all around player, a little of EVERYTHING. thanks
If you play a little of everyting, there's going to come someone and say "get an Ibanez with HSH" or "get a Strat with a HSS". But since you like the Les Paul, you could go for the customs, indeed. Try to see how much the Epiphone Elitists are and if you like any of them (suposedly Elitists are better than the Gibson low end models).
It broke in half?! hahahaha, that's awesome. Just be like... "Yeah, I was shredding with my teeth while the guitar was on fire, then in a fit of emotion I broke the guitar in half over my head."

Your sure to get laid. Wait... what we're we talking about again?
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
It broke in half?! hahahaha, that's awesome. Just be like... "Yeah, I was shredding with my teeth while the guitar was on fire, then in a fit of emotion I broke the guitar in half over my head."

Your sure to get laid. Wait... what we're we talking about again?

lol
^^ haha, nice.

But yeah, the Epiphone LP Customs are fairly decent especially for the price, around that price (AUD), i've been looking into these as well, for a fairly overall sound this is a fair way to go. Also, possibly look into the Washburn's, they are decent mid-range guitars, which can give a wide variety of sounds. Hope iv given you something more to look in to.

Themitch