P-bass, mids (1.4-2kHz range) boosted. New roundwound strings.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Quote by musiclover2399
Also I believe he uses fender amplifiers if that helps at all.

Yes, he uses a Fender 800 Pro head and a Fender 8x10 cab (810 Pro), I believe.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
A pick?
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by canadianpunk071
P-bass, mids (1.4-2kHz range) boosted. New roundwound strings.

1.4 - 2khz?

is it possible to that tone with a fender p-bass (w/ stock pups) and a backline gk 1/2 stack? and yeh i already use a pick

or could you suggest where i can get pickups similar to that?
unless i'm mistaken he uses sd bassline quater pounders pickups
ummm 1mm dunlop tortex picks
and i was under the impression that these days he runs a mesa boogie amp not fender. i know he used to use a fender amp back in dookie but i thought he'd changed it around warning

and id say high bass mid amount of mid and mid to high treble
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by benttwig33
buy hissignature bass

why the hell would you do that?

its just like any other P bass.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by skater dan0
unless i'm mistaken he uses sd bassline quater pounders pickups
ummm 1mm dunlop tortex picks
and i was under the impression that these days he runs a mesa boogie amp not fender. i know he used to use a fender amp back in dookie but i thought he'd changed it around warning

and id say high bass mid amount of mid and mid to high treble

he used an m-2000 head and some custom cabs back in dookie but he uses fender amps now, but im not willing to buy all that just to get his tone lol.

his signature p-bass has like a custom shop '59 pup or something. he said in an interview he uses seymour duncan antique ones : http://www.guitarcenter.com/interview/greenday/
Quote by Woogles

Just $1k more. Signature basses are a joke.
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I dared a Jew to throw rocks at Hitler when he was a young boy..

Never knew he'd take it to heart like that.

iScrobbler

Psalms 62:8
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Quote by Pysmone
Just $1k more. Signature basses are a joke.

Where the hell did you pull that number out of, your ass? The Mike Dirnt bass costs $699. Costs a lot more than it used to but it's nowhere near $1,000 more than a standard Precision bass.
Quote by Woogles

and it's unbelievably heavy apparently. You might as well get a P bass and mod it with seymour duncans
signature
Quote by Bullet-Rule
and it's unbelievably heavy apparently. You might as well get a P bass and mod it with seymour duncans

ok but i dont know which one. since he said in the gc interview that he uses the SD antique ones im thinking of using those, but theres 2 types the I and II i saw on basspartsresource
Quote by N01
he used an m-2000 head and some custom cabs back in dookie but he uses fender amps now, but im not willing to buy all that just to get his tone lol.

his signature p-bass has like a custom shop '59 pup or something. he said in an interview he uses seymour duncan antique ones : http://www.guitarcenter.com/interview/greenday/

ok i got them mixed up and on the pickup thing i was thinkin about hoppus' sig not dirnt's
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by fake_sk8r182
The Antiquity 1. The '57 version.

thanks but..was that a guess?
yeah a '59 pickup. oh and i would think that he would put a '60's in a 1969 because its a 60's bass.

equally if you have a load of money you could just go out and buy a Fender American Vintage 1957 RI....
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
Quote by N01
how do i get a tone that's like this <like amp settings, and stuff):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c733KCnUhC8 (you can hear it more during the bass solo at 2:15)

ty

Bridge, not solo

Sorry to be a nag
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by BassistGal
Bridge, not solo

Sorry to be a nag

Yeah its not a solo....not at all
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
ok, bridge than

the II picup is '57, do you think thats close enough or is the 60s better? i should start a poll..