Okay, I'm putting this in the customising section because either way I'm going to have to build and or modify these amps.

Whats the biggest difference between the...

Epi valve jr. 5 watt amp (99$)

and this

http://www.guytronix.com/home.html

The prices are on the site

I know the guy who owns this sites son(guytronix.) But unfortunatley he kinda likes my gf and isnt speaking to me right now...so anyway, avoiding personal matters...I'd be ordering like any other customer(not that I'd probibly get a deal anyway, it is a buisness). Full price, shipping, basic stuff.
Last edited by livrockdie at Feb 24, 2007,
The Epiphone Valve Junior is 5 watts and it seems to get great reviews, but I haven't used it or the other amp you are asking about. Thanks for posting the link to Guyatronix, becasue I want to build and amp but have no idea how to read wiring diagrams.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112 with JJ's and V30
Roland Micro Cube
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
Hey so this might be a bit late, but just searching under guytronix led me to this thread. I would definitely go with the guytronix, I've heard nothing but good things about them. They use much more quality parts then the cheap epiphone valve jr. (The guytronix uses mercury transformers!) The epiphone isn't going to sound very good without modification. stock, it will sound pretty lifeless and not a whole lot of tone, but you can do some upgrades from mercury's site http://www.mercurymagnetics.com/pages/mainframe.htm But I would say go for the whole experience and build a whole amp by yourself! It's definitely an accomplishment you can be proud of!
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
2 things:

1: What type of music do you play

2: How would anyone know anything about those guytronix amps?
Quote by vodoochile
Hey so this might be a bit late, but just searching under guytronix led me to this thread. I would definitely go with the guytronix, I've heard nothing but good things about them. They use much more quality parts then the cheap epiphone valve jr. (The guytronix uses mercury transformers!) The epiphone isn't going to sound very good without modification. stock, it will sound pretty lifeless and not a whole lot of tone, but you can do some upgrades from mercury's site http://www.mercurymagnetics.com/pages/mainframe.htm But I would say go for the whole experience and build a whole amp by yourself! It's definitely an accomplishment you can be proud of!
Don't worry about it. You're only 2 years late.

srly, the guytronics stuff costs 2 to 3 times as much as the Epi VJ,
they don't come with a cabinet unless you pay more,
and you build it all yourself.

Mercury Transformers are pricey for what you get.
Heyboer and other manufacturers make very nice transformer for less $$$.

You only need to upgrade the Output Transformer.
The Power Transformer in a VJ is just fine, as it is.

And no, the VJ does not sound "lifeless" and lacking in tone, when bone-stock.
You can definitely make improvements,
but they sound quite nice right out of the box.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.